Corsair Community

Disappointed with the fan controller fix 650D

reflecks

Hey all (first post :biggrin:)

Quick backstory:

I bought a 650D last week and it turned out that I had one of the bad cases with the buzzing sound from the fans unless they were set to high. After not receiving a response from Tech Support and the number provided on the red paper with the case found to be not working, I decided to Google a solution.

Finding the 650D fan kit fix, I ordered one from the Corsair website and unplugged my front intake fan in the meantime (it was driving me nuts; my case is on my desk).

Today:

Just received my fan kit in the mail this morning and installed it. The buzzing sound coming from the front intake fan was indeed fixed but is now replaced by a whine sound similar to a high RPM case fan. I've heard that the fan controller 'removes' the low setting leaving only high and medium options. I've once again unplugged the front intake fan as the sound is quite unbearable to me.

Short version: The fan fix replaced one annoying sound with another annoying sound.

1) Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

2) I read that a more final fan fix might be in the works? Is this still in development and if so, is there an ETA?

3) I find that the intake fan is much noisier than the top exhaust fan. I'm not bothered at all by my exhaust fan. Could there be a problem with the intake?

Any help is appreciated thank you.

Or just submit an RMA request and let me know the case number I will see you get taken care of.

Hey just made an RMA ticket referencing my original post in this thread. The case number is 2109837.

Thanks!

Or just submit an RMA request and let me know the case number I will see you get taken care of.

Hiya,

I have the exact same issue as described above, disturbing noises at low and medium fan settings on brand new 650D.

Please help!

Many thx in advance.

Corsair RMA # 2110819

• Corsair Employees

ari250

We need your address before we can process your request, check your email.

reflecks

You did not specify the issue in your Request so an RMA was issues just ignore it. I have sent a message to costumer service to send a new fan controller but probably wont be processed til next week.

ari250

We need your address before we can process your request, check your email.

reflecks

You did not specify the issue in your Request so an RMA was issues just ignore it. I have sent a message to costumer service to send a new fan controller but probably wont be processed til next week.

Whoops thought I did :X

Thanks for all the help Ram guy! Looking forward to using the new fan controller! :laughing:

Whats the difference between the linear fan controller and the fanfix-kit you can order for free? Cause I just installed the fankit-fix and hear like a high-pitched whining noice :S :S Damn irritating to say at least :(

original fan controller was PWM and the fix kit smooths out the signal. The new fan controller actually changes the voltage for the low/medium/high settings.

Archived