Corsair Community

Info on H60 CPU Cooler

Monkeyhead

Hello, I'm wanting to buy a H60 in the not to far future. It was either that or a High End Air Cooler. But ive been looking at so many Air coolers and the bulky heatsink is the last thing i want. Theres a few others that are smaller etc, but they are just as bad.

So i was checking out these Hydro Series, they look pretty damn good. Ive got a 1055T only @ 2.8ghz atm. Im looking to overclock to be on par with 1100T. 3.3ghz/3.7ghz turbo. In doing so on a stock cooler im getting around 25 - 35 Idle, and 45 stock load, 60 OC load. The h60 should help out a fair bit.

Now to the info i need. Is the h60 just as easy as bracketing, thermal pasting then applying to the cpu? or Is there any risks involved like any liquid leakages from the tubes or radiator? Theres a couple of more questions i got, but will have to get back to you. thanks

Is the h60 just as easy as bracketing, thermal pasting then applying to the cpu? or Is there any risks involved like any liquid leakages from the tubes or radiator? Theres a couple of more questions i got, but will have to get back to you. thanks

Yup, they are real easy to install. Thermal paste comes pre-applied and is of a real high quality too. As with all water cooling unit there is always a risk as far as leaks. But with the H series is like a million to 1 odds that you would have problems. INHO you have a better chance of damage to your MB from a huge heatsink hanging off the board than you do from having a problem with a leak.

Yeah lol, Some of those heatsinks are close to 1kg in weight. Crazy having something like that hanging off, some people have said having them warps the board eventually. Ive seen a picture of someone testing out a liquid cooling with paper towels layered on the VGA etc incase of leaks on first use is that any good? Also whats this Pre-Applied thermal paste? I have to put paste on the CPU still don't i? Just not on the surface of the H60. The fan on the radiator is Intake also? Not really bothered about a push/pull air flow, unless its really gonna make a big difference.

I just recently picked up an H60 as well. I used the stock paste and it was simply placing the pump on the die and tightening down evenly. The stock fan is a bit loud, but you need it with the high static pressure to cool the rad. All in all, im happy. I cant even hear the pump.

Ive seen a picture of someone testing out a liquid cooling with paper towels layered on the VGA etc incase of leaks on first use is that any good?

Probably not the best way to do it. But with the H-60 you can simply plug the unit right into a power supply connector and let it run outside the case before installing it. This way you can verify that there are no leaks before hand.

Also whats this Pre-Applied thermal paste? I have to put paste on the CPU still don't i? Just not on the surface of the H60.

It's Shin-Etsu(sp)? I hope thats spelled right...But it really is some of the best thermal paste around. And no you dont need to put anything on the CPU. You just remove the protective covering from the pump head and bolt er in. Thats it!:headbang:

Probably not the best way to do it. But with the H-60 you can simply plug the unit right into a power supply connector and let it run outside the case before installing it. This way you can verify that there are no leaks before hand.

Nice as, that was going to be my next question. In doing so, how long should i test it for outside of case. Also if i setup a push/pull system i will be wanting to use another set of fans besides the stock.

Im looking at getting 2 of these, matches the same specs as the stock fans.

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9_510&products_id=8022

Is the push/pull still exhaust?

http://i55.tinypic.com/2cdg9j5.jpg

Yeh, I got a whole set of fans the other day. Too busy for the next 5 or so days to install them. Taking all the stocks out except the 140mm front intake fan. Putting in 2x 140mm top fans. 1x120mm rear fan, and mounting a 120mm fan on the HDD bay. Got me a Demciflex 690II kit, pretty awesome filters.

Will be setup like this

http://i56.tinypic.com/b4swlu.jpg

and when i eventually get a h60, would this be how i set it up?

http://i56.tinypic.com/xppuf4.jpg

Archived