Corsair Community

Cable Connection ?

StumblerX

I love the Corsair SP2500 speakers. Theyre strong and durable. These speakers will last forever. I put them thru a gradual stress test when I got them. Theyre solid. My problem is I dont know how to plug them into the color coded inputs on the soundcard. Ive been using the lime green w/ the 3.5mm(AUX1) cable but shouldnt I use the RED AND WHITE RCA cable to split the signal???? Ive no idea. I cant imagine them sounding any better but I still have to ask, on the RCA cable what color does red go into and what color does the white cable go into ON THE SOUNDCARD? Ive read the manual and still need help. Much love and thanx to the guys at Corsair for another quality product.

This is a problem with the manual. I created another post on this. What you have done is fine and, in fact, all you can do if you have a lime green output on your sound card. You use the single connector with the lime green on both ends. You can't use the RCA cable unless your sound card has RCA stereo outputs and, if it did, it wouldn't also have a lime green output.

You can buy a male 3.5mm to stereo RCA cable if you wanted to (the manual states one is included but that is not the case) on Amazon or Newegg. That would be the only way you would plug into the lime green output on your sound card and into the RCA stereo inputs on the SP2500.

http://www.amazon.com/Pro-Techgroup-Professional-Grade-3-5mm-Stereo/dp/B002KJDUFQ/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1308688829&sr=1-4

Finally, the cable you are using now IS a stero cable even though it has only a single male connector on each end.

Hope this helps.

Well you certainly don't want to buy such a card just for the RCA jacks! They are audiophile quality components and quite expensive. Here are two of the best; I use the sound blaster HD myself (1st link):

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Blaster-Titanium-Internal-SB1270/dp/B0041OUA38/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1308747929&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/Essence-STX-Channels-Interface-Headphone/dp/B001OV789U/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1308748117&sr=8-2

• Corsair Employees
Both the Line In (Red=Right RCA and White=Left RCA) and the Aux1 inputs on SP2500 have equivalent audio performance. You can connect the lime green 3.5mm jack on your sound card directly to the lime green 3.5mm Aux1 jack on the SP2500 or you can connect using a 3.5mm to dual RCA splitter to the Line inputs. You can also connect Line level audio products such as receivers and CD players directly to the RCA inputs, following the Red=Right, Left=White convention. For convenience you can use the Aux2 input on the rear of the wired remote to connect an ipod/mp3 player, but we recommend the Aux1 port be used for more permanent connections.

Archived