Corsair Community

FIRST TIME SSD purchase

flyinga2

Yes, prices keep going down with each iteration of SSD drive, but as a first time customer building a up to date box, the posts enumerating the firmware issues, as well as PCB flaws, makes me fearful to buy an SSD from any major player. I post in THIS FORUM, because ostensibly you guys have been candid and up front about the issues, as well as taking concrete steps to serve the customer.

Going forward, were I to buy an SSD from CORSAIR (or anybody), the cumulative posts and FAQ's and guides on how to install, and how to download firmware, and just get the drive to work are mind boggling. I have many years of HW technology experience, EXCEPT in the SSD arena, and I just don't know where to start in building the desktop with SSD in lieu of HDD; I'm understanding that the problems in the 3rd GEN Force SSD's are with the 120GB density only; if I were to install a 240GB SSD, I'll have no problems? And what about RAID 0? Shoud the MARVELL controller be avoided in favor of the INTEL chipset? GIGABYTE P67A-UD7-B3.:confused:

I'm understanding that the problems in the 3rd GEN Force SSD's are with the 120GB density only; if I were to install a 240GB SSD, I'll have no problems? And what about RAID 0? Shoud the MARVELL controller be avoided in favor of the INTEL chipset? GIGABYTE P67A-UD7-B3.:confused:

The problems with the new Force Series 3 SSDs has been corrected. New drives are already shipping. So, you'd have no issues buying or using any of our Force 3 SSDs. RAID-0 is great and will work well on either chipset but to date, only the Intel P67, H67, and Z68 chipsets are capable of fully utilizing the Force 3 drives to full specs.

Archived