Corsair Community

Asus rampage extreme and CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8

SgtCyrex

Hey folks.

Been having some problems with getting the RAM to 1600 MHz, and when doing so getting the system stable.

http://nor-mod.net/wow/FUZZY-PC.html

CPU-z report.

So, I've tried with manual, setting it to XMP profile #1 (im guessing that is #2 actually, only the mobo is limiting me access to a profiel that isnt working)

Doesn't boot up.

Tried with "memory level-up", PC-12800, which works, clocks my ram and CPU to 1600 and 3,61 GHz accordingly.

Voltages i've tried: 1,7308 (crash after rrandom amount of time (from minutes to hours), 1,50 (same as above), 1,63 (Same as above.)

I reckon thats not the way to go, but unfortunately, i dont have the skill to fiddle around with the settings to get it wokring flawlessly.

Clocking the CPU is no problem (if you were wondering); at the moment I only want the ram to run at 1600.

Any ideas?

• Corsair Employees
With that MB and CPU the max you can run the memory frequency is DDR1066 unless you over clock the CPU. You cannot run the memory frequency faster than the CPU FSB with this chipset sorry!

Yeah i kinda got that, but as I said, clocking the CPu aint a problem, get he FSB up to 800, but when I do so, i get issues with the ram, im guessing voltage. Anyways, Im not sure how to "correctly overclock the cpu, so that the ram runs on 1600 MHz.

• Corsair Employees

I am sorry I cannot tell you how to over clock your CPU, but if you search for that MB and key words like over clocking, I am sure you will find lots of ideas.

However, the Q6600 may not over clock that high you just have to try it and see and you will need to lower the multiplier to get that high on the FSB.

Archived