Corsair Community

problem connecting HX650W to Asus P8Z68-V Pro

dbrons

The "8 pin" eps12v is really 2 4pin plugs and neither one wants to go into the 8 pin EATX socket on my new Asus P8z68 pro.

The plugs on the corsair have some square and some rounded sections and they dont match the socket in the MB. Like truying to stick a square peg in a round hole.

I searched the forum and have seen this problem mentioned before so I know I've got to plug both 4 pin sections in. /i managed to do this but I really had to force them and I'm worried that they may be in the wrong way.

I have the little clip to the top, or outside of the MB one plug seemed to go in that way and so I really wiggled and pushed hard and the other one went in oriented the same way with the clip up.

Does anyyone know if I've got this right? Is it safe to fire up the system?

thanks

Dave

thanks for the reply :) Yes they look like that except they are two seperate parts each with it's own little clip. They are the right parts thats for sure I just don't understand why my manual says I should have an 8 pin plug with removable 4 pin section when they are just 2 4 pin plugs that, yes, you can plug in right next to one another. Also, I can't understand why they should fit so poorly in an Asus motherboard.

I still feel concerned and I may pull them out, remove the upper case fan to give me a little more room, and try again to see if theres one way or the other these are supposed to be oriented. I hate to do this though because it was so hard getting them in the first time.

I have them just like in your picture, with the clips to the top edge of the mb

thanks again

Dave

ok solved :) I googled some more and saw mentioned that there is a ridge on the bottom of the socket to accept the clips, and sure enough I had them in upside down. For some reason I couldn't get them in right last night but this morning I pulled them out, reversed, and they clicked into place :)

Archived