Corsair Community

Further Case Cooling/Airflow Options For H60

Mychorrizae

Hi,

I've recently purchased the H60 and have it installed as per Corsair's instructions with the stock fan pulling cool air inside from the rear exhaust. I've also attached an AP-15 for a push-pull configuration. All in all, im happy with the results, as CPU temps using Core Temp are pretty close to what i was getting with the TRUE 120.

Since the H60 is "dumping" hot air inside the case to cool the rad, i realize its imperative to have at least a top exhuast fan to port that hot air outside the case. I have a Thermalright TY-140 exhausting from the top of the case.

My question(s): Are there any recommendations for case cooling and airflow that might help in cooling and exhausting the warmer air? Should i use another 140/120 mm fan at the top of the case? Should i install a side panel fan to blow towards the CPU? Another intake fan perhaps?

Thanks for looking.

Hi,

I've recently purchased the H60 and have it installed as per Corsair's instructions with the stock fan pulling cool air inside from the rear exhaust. I've also attached an AP-15 for a push-pull configuration. All in all, im happy with the results, as CPU temps using Core Temp are pretty close to what i was getting with the TRUE 120.

Since the H60 is "dumping" hot air inside the case to cool the rad, i realize its imperative to have at least a top exhuast fan to port that hot air outside the case. I have a Thermalright TY-140 exhausting from the top of the case.

My question(s): Are there any recommendations for case cooling and airflow that might help in cooling and exhausting the warmer air? Should i use another 140/120 mm fan at the top of the case? Should i install a side panel fan to blow towards the CPU? Another intake fan perhaps?

Thanks for looking.

More cool air probably can't hurt unless you get some kind of weird airflow problem. The only real way to know if any of your ideas will work is to try them out.

Archived