Corsair Community

Obsidian 650 Detailed Information

cowdaddy

I think I am missing something. I didn't get any type of manual with my case. I did get four page foldout.

So I thought I'd go on the web and get the full version. I didn't find anything.

I found a faq at the corsair site.

There were no directions on how to put the hard drive in the tray. I wasn't paying close attention and put the first one in backwards. well, when you put it in backwards, the tray breaks when you take it out. Good thing I didn't put all four in there like that.

And I don't know what all those cords are for coming out of the top of the box. I'm somebody who is buying a corsair case for the first time. My current case has two usb ports on the front, that's it, a Lian Li.

Can somebody direct me to some directions, please.

Thanks.

I think I am missing something. I didn't get any type of manual with my case. I did get a four page foldout.

That's all you get.

There were no directions on how to put the hard drive in the tray. I wasn't paying close attention and put the first one in backwards. well, when you put it in backwards, the tray breaks when you take it out. Good thing I didn't put all four in there like that.

The 3 1/2 inch trays flex for you to put the hard drives in. There isn't anything complicated about them. The locator pins go into the holes of the HD where you would normally screw them to the case.

Orientation shouldn't be a problem either if you draw a mental picture in your head of where all the cables have to go. Usually that is the non windowed side of your case.

And I don't know what all those cords are for coming out of the top of the box. I'm somebody who is buying a corsair case for the first time. My current case has two usb ports on the front, that's it, a Lian Li.

The small cords are labelled Power, Reset, HD LED, etc. As for the USB and similar cables, they are also labelled and "keyed" to that type of socket or connector.

All the instructions for attaching the cables are usually included in your motherboard manual. Read it and find the appropriate cable that is in the case.

You may want to watch a few case reviews for the 650D on YouTube so you can get a better understanding if you are still confused.

If at all else fails then get a friend that is computer savvy to help you.

That's all you get.

The 3 1/2 inch trays flex for you to put the hard drives in. There isn't anything complicated about them. The locator pins go into the holes of the HD where you would normally screw them to the case.

Orientation shouldn't be a problem either if you draw a mental picture in your head of where all the cables have to go. Usually that is the non windowed side of your case.

They flex, really? Is that true?

Two holes on the hard drive on each side.

Two pins on each side of the tray.

The pins must go in the hard drive holes.

I am not nearly as bright as you, but I did manage to figure that out.

The problem is that you can put a hard drive in the tray turned around. And when you do that, you've got to break the tray to get the hard drive out. Yes, I know I am not very smart, and I should have been able to figure this out, but I am just not as smart as you.

And I very much appreciate the way you have come down to my level to explain some things to me that I couldn't figure out.

Thanks, and have a nice day.

Archived