Corsair Community

Voyager GTR 64 very slow, and with blinking led for long time

Maxim30

Hello,

I returned in March 2011 my Voyager GT 64 GB bought in april 2010 because it did not allow to format/write at all :[pouts:.

Corsair, after the RMA, replaced it by a Voyager GTR 64 GB :biggrin:.

I have used it for a few time and its copy/move operations looked right, but at the end of any operation (after operation terminated) on it, its led is blinking for other 10 seconds :[pouts:. Is it normal ?

Furtherly, after that and filling it,with files, at its half size I have tried to run on it the portable E-Mail client Mozilla Thunderbird (downloadable here from mozilla.org website), and it is very slow not letting me to read/write E-Mail messages as fast as my other Corsair Flash Drive Voyager 8 GB where the same portable E-Mail client is installed :mad:. Is it normal ?

So I have tried some methods to resolve the Voyager GTR Flash Drive:

1. I have defammented it to speed up it, but it is still slow;

2. I have attempted to update its firmware with the tool downloadable from this forum (Corsair 32GB-64GB GTR Firmware Update 1_07_2), but it has reported the following:
    http://digilander.libero.it/maxim300/Temp/VoyagerGTR64Screenshot-firmware%20update%20failed.png

3. I have run on it the speeds test tool Crystal Disk Mark (downloadable from here) and it has reported the following:
    http://digilander.libero.it/maxim300/Temp/VoyagerGTR64Screenshot-read%20write%20test.png

What can I do to speed up the Voyager GTR ;): ?

Regards

Massimo

I'm suspicious that whole series of new GTR stick is just one big fail. You send it for RMA, but they give you the same series with the same controller and it's always just a matter of time until it breaks again.

If it's broken from design, you can not do a lot of things to speed it up, just maybe ask your reseller to replace it with different brand. I ended up with same request on my reseller. Hassle with GTR stick was simply something I cannot afford in my work.

And did you buy the first one directly from Corsair?

There were people on this forum who got defective stick after RMA-ing to Corsair for third or fourth time, until they got bored with it and trashed their sticks. If it's still under warranty from reseller, send it to reseller and try to ask him to replace it with different brand stick. If you bought from serious and customer-friendly reseller, it shouldn't be a problem.

Some folks from Corsair that write here just say "RMA it and we take care of it" or point you to firmware upgrade. FW upgrade is absolutely useless as it's not working and there is very little response from Corsair on this problem. For example saying what's really going on, admitting that whole series is faulty and apologizing, replacing with stable drives or paying money back.

Hello,

I have followed the steps said me from the Customer Service (format the drive with a 32K Allocation using Windows Disk Manager and then test the performance again with ATTO Disk Bench) and the results are that:

• the Pen Drive is still slow (much more than the other my Corsair Voyager 8 GB) running the application Mozilla Thunderbird E-Mail client on it :mad:;
  • the led is blinking for long time after any operation on the Pen Drive :mad:;
  • the ATTO Bench report (downloadable from here) is the following:
    http://digilander.libero.it/maxim300/Temp/VoyagerGTR64Screenshot%20test%20atto%20bench.png

I am waiting for your reply.

Massimo

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

many thanks, the Flash Drive replacement has arrived and now it has an higher transfer speed :):.

If it is matter, I show the following screenshots of the new benchmarks tests respectively coming from CrystalDiskMark and ATTO Disk Benchmark :biggrin::

http://digilander.libero.it/maxim300/Temp/VoyagerGTR64-2-Screenshot-read%20write%20test.png

http://digilander.libero.it/maxim300/Temp/VoyagerGTR64-2-Screenshot%20test%20atto%20bench.png

Greetings ;):

Massimo

• Corsair Employees

There may not be a problem with the drive it may be the system you are using and it's not that bad. You are close to spec on writes and a little lwo on reads.

Max Sequential Read/Write (using ATTO Disk Benchmark): Up to 34MB/s sequential read — 28

There may not be a problem with the drive it may be the system you are using and it's not that bad. You are close to spec on writes and a little lwo on reads.

Hello,

well, if I am close to the specifics, then all goes good :biggrin:: is it right ;):?

Massimo

• Corsair Employees

But let me know if you have any problems with it.

And to be sure we are on the same page we replace it right and its working better now right?

If not then we ca try and repalce it if you like.

Archived