Corsair Community

Trying to get the best cooling on my 800D

polarwater

Hey, I think I've done a good job with my fan set-up in my 800D but I'd like to see what you all think. I have a H60 that keep my CPU cool but my crossfired 6950s are getting pretty hot while gaming. I've got a few fans placed next to them but it doesn't look that good :roll:.

http://i.imgur.com/a0lFZ.jpg

Another thing I was thinking about was getting something to cover the holed area on the top rear part of the case to help make sure the fans ontop aren't taking air from that part and just blowing it back out the top.

I'm open to all suggestions and comments.

i went from negative pressure to positive pressure

my gpu and cpu temps are down a few degrees with positive pressure

even though the top is an intake heat still rises out of it and not getting pushed back into the case (just put your hand over it), mind u i'm using semi-weak fans

Hot air rises either way.. so even if the fans do take air from the rear part it doesnt change how how air is being drawn out.. always remember - hot air rises.. this case is purely made for liquid cooling.. its cooling abilities arent really good as far as air cooling .. its decent but compared to the 650d its bad. my GPU temps went down by 8 degrees when I switched from a haf x to a 650d

Archived