Corsair Community

New SSD generation not working in 800D HDD bays ??

Dkstyle

Hi All,

Just got myself a Vertex 3 120GB SSD (after having to send the new Cosair F 3 120 back to be replaced!

I been trying for hours to get it working in the lowest of the HDD bays in my Corsair 800D tower, without any luck. If I connect it directly and not in the bays, it works just fine.

But as soon as I put it in the HDD hotswop bays, it won't boot, but just either hangs or keep rebooting forever. It never gets to trying to load windows. I can see it in Bios though.

So I wonder if these new HDD's from Corsair and OCZ SSD's are not working in the 800D drive bays without some sort of update ? And if so, what is it that I need to update, to get it working ?

Hoping someone can help me out here, since I really want to have my SSD's in the HDD bays, and not just sit inside the case. I'm pretty clueless to what the problem might be here..

Thanks in advice..

Just a fast follow-up question: is there any way of knowing whether its included from looking at the card board box? I asked several e-retailers and they had the 800D but other than that they were a recent arrival, they said they couldn't tell from the box.

From reading on NewEgg, its a hit-and-miss whether one ends up with the updated version or with the older. I live in Europe and would hate the hassle of spending an extra $50 or more to get the needed parts if I end up with the older 800D.

Thanks again!

Archived