Corsair Community

Setting Up TR3X6G1600C8D w/ XMP

dcadlerall

Hey guys,

So I've been having a bunch of issues lately, and decided to go out and buy me some new RAM that was already tested and listed as compatible with my mobo. Grabbed the TR3X6G1600C8D, swapped the old ram out, and I just want to make sure I'm setting this up correctly. The guy I bought it from uses the same memory, he told me to go into my BIOS and turn on XMP. Problem is, each time I set it to XMP Profile 1, I get a BSOD screen at the login screen. Without it, I have no problems, but the timings seem to be off. Could someone help me set this up in my BIOS? There are so many settings in my BIOS I'm not sure what half of them do, so I kinda need to be walked through the entire process.

Right now all my settings are at AUTO in BIOS, cpuz shows DRAM freq of 530Mhz, FSB 2:8, 8-8-8-20-59 1T. Pretty sure the voltage is only 1.5v.

EDIT: So I enable XMP Profile 1 in my BIOS, restart, and the new settings in memory is 8-8-8-24-88 2T, Memory Frequency 1600Mhz, DIMM voltage at 1.65v. This will result in a BSOD after the login screen, it also just gave me BSOD in safe mode w/ networking. Turning off the XMP Profile 1, and it loads fine. Any suggestions?

• Corsair Employees

Please make sure that you have the latest BIOS version then got to BIOS setup and load setup/performance defaults then enable XMP Profile one and see what its setting the memory and CPU/QPI Voltage to with XMP enabled.

If you have a (C0) stepping CPU increase it to about 1.5-1.6 Volts, if you have a (D0) Stepping don't go over about 1.45 Volts on the CPU/QPI Voltage, then test with http://www.memtest.org to be sure its stable.

Archived