Corsair Community

Airflow pro not working

cristian.ticu

I just received my airflow unit.very nice.I,m using it with the CMT6GX3M3A2000C8 triple channel kit,on the Gigabyte X58a UD9(f4 bios) board with an Intel Xeon W3565 cpu.

the airflow pro unit only shows the activity on the default settings- 10600.the minute I activate the XMP profile or manually make changes to the memory frequency the indicators stop,leaving only the temperature leds active and functional.

Anyone has any idea about whas's going on? I mean the device is really cool and I wish I could use it the way is ment...

no,but as my system is concerned I have no reason to think that is something wrong.I've done lots of tests(hours of memtest and prime95),lots of gaming; the modules work perfectly,the overclocking is dog's bollocks. the ONLY thing not working is the airflow pro.

I get what RAMGUY is thinking. It's funny that the AFP works under lower settings and not XMP kind of suggests some sort of problem with the RAM itself and not the AFP.

The RAM passes memtest at 2000mhz though without any errors? Or are yo testing them at default speeds?

OK,I swapped the cpu and pushed the ram at 2000mhz 8-9-8-24...the ram works perfectly,as the whole system.ran three memtest passes and 4 hours of prime 95.

but I've discovered something strange.in fact I was able to see some led activity on the AFP at 1440mhz with CMD 1T reached just by blck...but the led activity was very faint...in fact it was only visible when prime95 was running,under normal desktop.activity,no lights. when I switched the CMD to 2T, the leds switched off even in the prime95.at 1200mhz the led activity is more intensive,still only with CMD at 1T.think it's safe to say that lower the frequency the more led activity.still the minute I try to activate the XMP the leds are off,no matter what settings I use. does the mainboard have something to do with all that?in fact is there a BIOS ram setting in correlation with the AFP? or is that the AFP should work no matter the ram settings?

Archived