Corsair Community

Helluzzo

Hi there,

I recently received the CMT6GX3M3A1866C9 kit after an RMA request on my old Corsair kit. I'm now getting an annoying issue with BSODs on Windows 7 64bit, mainly regarding MEMORY_MANAGEMENT with stop code 0x1A. I've also checked the crash dumps with WhoCrashed, where I noticed that the ntoskrnl.exe is often the process causing the BSOD.

I've got a EX58A-UD7 rev 2.0 motherboard with FC bios installed. Please help me as I already did twice a clean Windows install, without success :(

Me again :(

I've managed during the weekend to find the final FD bios for my motherboard (it was not on gigabyte's main website!), it fixed every issue with the RAM as I've run a memtest for a couple of hours with 0 errors.

I still have issues with BSODs anyway: no longer 0x1A but now getting a stop 0x124, that as I found online should be caused by a wrong QPI/Vtt voltage. Can you please help me finding a value to have the system finally stable (I didn't overclock neither the CPU nor the RAM, so everything is running at their specs)?

thanks a lot!

If you are running your RAM at 1866 in fact you are overclocking the CPU. The integrated memory controller to be exact. Make sure you memory voltage is at 1.65 and qpi 1.35v. You could also try to add a little CPU voltage as well.You can bump the QPI just a little bit more to see if that helps , but it may be that the I-7 920 you have just wont handle the overclock to 1866 all that well. I would actually back down the memory frequency a little and see if that doesn't help with the BSOD's

FWIW i have basically the same setup and hit a MHZ wall of about 1700 with mine. I am stable now at 3.8mhzCPU and 1600 mhz memory with 1.2v to CPU, and memory at 1.65/1.35.

Yeah, 1.4v CPU voltage is awful high for the 920. Unless you are wwate rcooling i wouldn't go much past 1.25v because after 1.2v heat REALLY becomes an issue. Temps climb really fast . But for 1600mhz you should not need anything more than 1.2CPU voltage and 1.65DRAM voltage and 1.35v for QPI. If you find out that 1600mhz is stable you can start pushing it a little bit further towards 1866 untill it becomes unstable again. And then back it down slightly to find the sweet spot.

Archived