Corsair Community

HX1050 clicking noise

tj88

Hey guys,

New to the forum here.

Bought a Corsair HX1050 yesterday and whenever I turned on/off the computer it makes a clicking sound.

Exchanged it - same thing.

Just wondering if this is a certain feature of the P/S.

Also, on a side note, I picked up a 650D (love it) but the front and top fan have issues. Is this common?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Tj88 as per the forum rules please allow 24 hrs or so for someone to answer your question. I know RAMGUY usually checks the forums towards the end of the day. I wish i had an answer for you personally, but im sure RG will as soon as he see's this.

Tj88 as per the forum rules please allow 24 hrs or so for someone to answer your question. I know RAMGUY usually checks the forums towards the end of the day. I wish i had an answer for you personally, but im sure RG will as soon as he see's this.

My apologies - new to the forum and didn't know that.

Still having issues with this, and it seems the P/S is causing my system to be unstable now.

Trying to run 2 580's in SLI @ stock and im getting bad artifacts/color blotches.

Tested each card individually, and they were fine.

Corsair - please shed some light on if the clicking is normal.

• Corsair Employees

All new PSU's use switching technology so a light clicking noise may be normal.

And Artifact and or bad color blacks would suggest a driver issue, But you stated you don't have any problems when you test each card one at a time right? Are you getting any Voltage warnings?

Have you tried the cards in another system to see if it follows the card and tried to contact the Video card Maker to see what they say?

Archived