Corsair Community

New Corsair H50 Noise

primetimey

I recently built a new computer with a Corsair H50. For the first week the pump made no noise what-so-ever until one morning I woke up and it was making a terribly loud scratching noise. I turned off the PC, waited ten seconds, turned it back on and the noise was gone. Two days later over night when I woke up the same problem occurred, and then recently it happened once again.

This led me to read some forum posts and check out a few examples of the noise. I decided to plug the pump directly into a four-pin molex instead of the three ping on the motherboard thinking it would fix the problem. Now, I come backup to my bedroom and it is making the same noise but not quite as loud and not quite as consistent there is a half-second to one second buffer sometime.

Please see attached youtube video of the original very loud noise. Now, I assume this product needs to be RMA'd but I have never gone through the process. What exactly does it entail what is needed from me, shipping charges, etc?

Please check the fans to be sure its not just a fan that might be failing, if not then use the link on the left and request an RMA and we can replace it.

My concern is the problem is intermittent. So, when I send out the RMA I assume you do testing on the product.. what happens if it is not making the noise at the time of testing?

Archived