Corsair Community

Recommended Corsair Memory

cyclone3211

It appears that now is the time for more memory. iBuyPower wants to much to provide 6 gb more of what I purchased of their proprietary Corsair memory.

You previously suggested that: "I would recommend you purchase a 12gb kit (3x4gb) if you’re looking to achieve 12gbs."

I am not a gamer but would like the "biggest bang" for the buck.

I have an Asus P6X58D-E mother board and would appreciate your recommendation of the changing of the current memory. If I read the manual correctly I need DDR3 Dual Inline and would like at least 1300.

I am not a gamer but would like the "biggest bang" for the buck.

Would the CMZ12GX3M3A1600C9 3x4 GB be a good choice?

Thank you for the response and it would appear that I would be an "Enthusiast". Even though this is more than I wanted to spend, it does appear to be the correct route. Not sure if the additional fan is needed but it also seems to come with the package. I have been confused with the "triple" and "dual" channels but maybe that is more than I need to know. My concern was that none of these are in the manual for the motherboard so I was apprehensive in making any choice.

Thank you for your help and I will go the route of the Enthusiast with enthusiasm.

After checking prices and looking at the Corsair board, I could not determine the difference between the CMP12GX3M3A1600C9 and the much lower priced CMZ12GX3M3A1600C9. There was a slight difference in that one is a Dominator 1.6V and the other a Dominator 1.6V.

Is there a significant difference between these that you could explain?

The detail that is presented on the Corsair website does not compare these, so your opinion would really be appreciated.

Thanks for the info, but could you comment on the heat spreader and voltage.

If the performance is about equal............should I be concerned over the difference in voltage and/or is the difference in the heat spreader worth the extra dollars?

Archived