Corsair Community

Replacement of H70 Plastic Mount, Screws and Plastic Sockets

Hello,

Today whilst trying to install the Corsair H70 in my new system, I accidentally screwed the mount too tight, resulting in the plastic base snapping.

Is it possible to get a replacement of the plastic base mount and screws/plastic sockets that fit within the unit?

Having just paid £90 for it in the UK, I feel rather annoyed that upon installation, the screws and plastic sockets warped rather easily, and as such I cannot install the cooler leaving my new system useless until I buy a new cooler, or get the parts replaced.

So I need;

The plastic base mount with the 2x adhesive spacers.

4x Screws

4x Plastic Sockets for the screws

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this - if someone could redirect me to a customer service e-mail (I am in the UK) it would be greatly appreciated.

I would be willing to cover any postage costs for the replacement parts.

Thanks,

Jamie Purdy

Hello,

Today whilst trying to install the Corsair H70 in my new system, I accidentally screwed the mount too tight, resulting in the plastic base snapping.

Is it possible to get a replacement of the plastic base mount and screws/plastic sockets that fit within the unit?

Having just paid £90 for it in the UK, I feel rather annoyed that upon installation, the screws and plastic sockets warped rather easily, and as such I cannot install the cooler leaving my new system useless until I buy a new cooler, or get the parts replaced.

So I need;

The plastic base mount with the 2x adhesive spacers.

4x Screws

4x Plastic Sockets for the screws

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this - if someone could redirect me to a customer service e-mail (I am in the UK) it would be greatly appreciated.

I would be willing to cover any postage costs for the replacement parts.

Thanks,

Jamie Purdy

You'll need to contact CUSTOMER SERVICE directly using the info under the CONTACT TAB.

Can you post a PIC of what broke?

Please see attached picture;

Total needed is

1x Plastic mount with adhesive spacers

4x long screws to hold the bracket onto the motherboard

4x plastic scew holders which fit into the mount (2 holes in them)

Thanks,

Jamie

Orig pic is at http://www.overclock3d.net/gfx/articles/2010/08/10132537492s.JPG if you need a better look

10132537492l.thumb.JPG.5b92cf3dfffae63a6df7776b21bddca4.JPG

Realised that I accidentally put the plastic mount on the wrong side of the mobo, which resulted in the screws warping and the mount too - just need some replacements as the unit is useless without them - stupid mistake really :[pouts:

Archived