Corsair Community

Force 3 120 GB 85K IOPS question

Matx Man

How can you (Corsair) claim that these drives are capable of producing 85K IOPS? The performance of the drive is clearly behind that of the ******** 3 Max IOPS, and in almost all tests (accept for your own 'special' tests) your drives don't get anywhere near the rated 85k speed.

I bought this drive thinking it was something that it really wasn't. Which was that the performance was going to be greater than the ******** 3 Max IOPS - based on the figures you produced. I personally believe this is a case of blatant false advertising. Not only did the drive not work on arrival - but had it worked i would still have been disappointing at not achieving the advertised speeds.

Your quality control was apparently competent enough to manufacture these amazing to-good-to-be-true stats about your drive (which turned out to be false). But not competent enough to discover that the drive was actually faulty.

How could such an oversight be made in each case?

Utterly disillusioned with the whole thing - will NEVER buy from Corsair again!

Dreadful performance!

Mind backing up your claims with evidence?

It's important to note that Corsair got their "Max Random 4k Write = 85k IOPS (4k aligned)" by using IOMeter 08.

The ******** 3 MAX IOPS spec sheet states they got their "Maximum 4KB Random Write 85K IOPS Small file I/O performance is measured using Iometer2008, Queue Depth 32, 4KB Aligned; Logical Block Address (LBA) range: 8GB"

Here's now Corsair tested it:

http://www.corsair.com/blog/corsair-force-series-3-ssds-are-now-with-us/

I didn't see anything on those screenshots that say LBA (nor have I ever run that test), so I can't say whether it's an apples to apples test in terms of the settings each company used.

I personally believe this is a case of blatant false advertising. Not only did the drive not work on arrival - but had it worked i would still have been disappointing at not achieving the advertised speeds.

When you have a working drive you'll find that it does in fact reach the advertised specifications when tested as we publicly documented on our BLOG. If you'll do a bit of reading there and other places, you'll find that 3 things have happened.

1. We clearly documented our testing procedures for testing with IOMeter and showed the results. FYI, this test procedure has been the same since we got into the SSD busines. Nothing has changed for the new drives.

2. Said competitor whined and moaned about our testing and specifications in various places. However, they also revised and updated their specifications on their website to show what can be done with these drives.

3. We were the first to identify the issues with this drive and to be able to take the issue to SandForce so that the drives could be corrected. Corrected drives are already available and shipping out.

So, there is no blatant false advertising. We were just ahead of the game. ::pirate::

Meh! I don't really care anymore tbh. From now on i'll just get my SSD's from the only company capable of making decent drives - that would be the company that makes ********. Not only are their drives more reliable but their performance absolutely blows away anything ******** or Corsair could ever come up with.

You and ******** can battle over your stupid little IOPS and Read/Write statistics, i'm done with all that. I'll just buy quality from now on!

End\

EDIT: If you could delete my account ASAP that would be great!

So you have chosen not to back up your claims, and even renounced both companies and have chosen a 3rd, again stating they're better without proof? Ok...

We don't delete accounts or posts or threads, but I'll do the next best thing and close it.

• Corsair Employees
If you are to make a claim, such as yours, backing it up is important. Without any evidence, such as Corsair's done to prove we were able to hit 85k IOPS, your claims are not creditable.

Archived