Corsair Community

CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9: Sticker art facing the wrong way

persentio

Hi Corsair,

Just discovered an issue with my CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 kit.

According to reference images from Corsair, the sticker art should be on the side of the heatsink where the break in DIMM pins is closer to the left side.

http://www.corsair.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/v/e/vengeancemodule_kx2_1.png

However, I just realized that my kit has the sticker art placed in reverse. This results in the art facing inwards where it cannot be seen instead of outwards:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/gaern88/Rig/Corsair_Vengeance3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/gaern88/Rig/Corsair_Vengeance7.jpg

I initially thought that it's because my motherboard RAM slots are oriented the opposite way that's why the sticker art faces inward, however have discovered otherwise.

Is there any way I can arrange for a replacement kit where the sticker art is oriented correctly directly with you guys?

Thanks!!

sticker placement is irrelevant, there is no "correct".

if the stickers were upside down i could see your point.

don't peel them off, it voids the warranty.

Or ok put it this way then.. The HEATSINK was mounted in an orientation oppposite of what it is supposed to be in the product pictures.

And some MB's will have the slots in a different configuration so its not a big issue at all.

Hi Ram Guy,

My motherboard slots are oriented in the way which matches the product picture shots.

So is this to say that certain batches of RAMs will have the heatsinks oriented in different directions?

No, it's only the stickers that may be different. The heat spreader sides are symmetrical so there is no left or right.

Ah alright thanks. Yeah not sure if its the heatsinks or stickers that are pasted differently... Guess I'll have to hunt for ones with the correct orientation then.

Ah alright thanks. Yeah not sure if its the heatsinks or stickers that are pasted differently... Guess I'll have to hunt for ones with the correct orientation then.

It's the stickers. There is on different or right or wrong on the heat spreaders. They are symmetrical, mirror images of each other.

I'm not clear on what your concern is here. :confused:

It's the stickers. There is on different or right or wrong on the heat spreaders. They are symmetrical, mirror images of each other.

I'm not clear on what your concern is here. :confused:

Yes I know it's the stickers now. My concern is that my set has the stickers pasted on the different side of the heatsink (as opposed to the official pictures from Corsair) such that the vengeance art faces towards the CPU socket where it can't be seen; and not towards the outside of the motherboard (you can reference the pictures I posted).

Yes I know it's the stickers now. My concern is that my set has the stickers pasted on the different side of the heatsink (as opposed to the official pictures from Corsair) such that the vengeance art faces towards the CPU socket where it can't be seen; and not towards the outside of the motherboard (you can reference the pictures I posted).

As already noted, this is luck of the draw. Between any 2 MOBOs, AMD or Intel, the memory slots may be oriented either way. You could see the same two modules on 2 different boards and it will depend on the orientation of the slots on the board. And, you most likely won't be able to tell a difference anyway once they are mounted and in the case.

As already noted, this is luck of the draw. Between any 2 MOBOs, AMD or Intel, the memory slots may be oriented either way. You could see the same to modules on 2 different boards and it will depend on the orientation of the slots on the board. And, you most likely won't be able to tell a difference anyway once they are mounted and in the case.

Yes so if I understand you guys correctly, the kits could also come with the stickers on either side as well correct? So that means I have to find modules that match my motherboard DIMM orientation to have the "Vengeance" sticker art facing the direction I want yes?

Yes so if I understand you guys correctly, the kits could also come with the stickers on either side as well correct? So that means I have to find modules that match my motherboard DIMM orientation to have the "Vengeance" sticker art facing the direction I want yes?

It's almost impossible to say. They may only be made 1 way for retail. The picture is based on a preproduction mechanical sample. Retail units may or may not have the same sticker orientation.

It's almost impossible to say. They may only be made 1 way for retail. The picture is based on a preproduction mechanical sample. Retail units may or may not have the same sticker orientation.

Ahh alright guess it's just too bad then. :(:

i noticed you have black colored ram in blue slots on the motherboard, i really think you should exchange them for the blue Vengeance models as that would be far more aesthetically pleasing and it would just make more sense to me.

They WOULD look nice with my motherboard bare, however, with everything set up, probably the only clearly visible blue accents will be from the heatsinks around the CPU socket area as well as the PCIe x8 slot further away. The blacks fit my entire rig better.

If you want to be picky, your MB has BLACK power slots, and in the reference picture they are WHITE.

http://benchmarkreviews.com/images/reviews/motherboards/intel_dp67bg/intel_dp67bg_motherboard_box_board.jpg

Just sayin.

--

Nathan

• 3 months later...

I have just bought the white LP low voltage ones, stickers on the wrong side of them to so i have an ugly bar code showing in my case :mad:

i know it don't effect the usage but people these days build systems that look amazing as well as perform amazing barcodes look anything but

I have just bought the white LP low voltage ones, stickers on the wrong side of them to so i have an ugly bar code showing in my case :mad:

Please re-read the thread:

As already noted, this is luck of the draw. Between any 2 MOBOs, AMD or Intel, the memory slots may be oriented either way. You could see the same two modules on 2 different boards and it will depend on the orientation of the slots on the board. And, you most likely won't be able to tell a difference anyway once they are mounted and in the case.

Archived