Corsair Community

3 days later and my 16 GB voyager usb 3.0 will not work

s.clapham

I have a new 16GB Flash Voyager CMFVY3-16GB for about 3 days and it is giving me problems.

When i first used it i could access files ect fine but after that when i went to use it 2 days after the first one i get no response the light just flashes (often the light stays solid) randomly after several attempts to diagnose the problem my self my computer tells me i have to reformat a drive i connected, after starting the reformatting program it tells me the drive is white protected (Since this only happened twice this is as descriptive as i can be) the second time i used SDformatter2.0 and had the same result as of now i am just atttempting to get another chance to try and reformat

thank you in advance

cheers

steven

RMA it and if you can, try to return it for another brand USB stick, imho. New corsairs seem to have this very common and it seems that there is no guarantee you'll get working and reliable corsair replacement.

• Corsair Employees

Please use the link on the left and request an RMA and we will be happy to replace it.

And 3biq I know you are not happy with your GTR Drive and you should take that up with our customer service rather than bad mouthing us to other forum users. This will only get you banned on the forum.

The failure rate on the New USB 3 Flash Voyager drives has been less than .05%, like with any product I would expect to see some failures.

The GTR series has had some issues but there are still many thousands that did not experience any issues at all. I think most of the problems stem from the design in that it requires more power than standard USB drives.

• 4 weeks later...
Having the same issues with mine. A firmware update would be nice. I doubt the drive itself is faulty rather just the firmware. I hate to wait 2 weeks + shipping costs when I'm perfectly capable of reflashing firmware myself.

• 1 month later...
Please use the link on the left and request an RMA and we will be happy to replace it.

And 3biq I know you are not happy with your GTR Drive and you should take that up with our customer service rather than bad mouthing us to other forum users. This will only get you banned on the forum.

The failure rate on the New USB 3 Flash Voyager drives has been less than .05%, like with any product I would expect to see some failures.

The GTR series has had some issues but there are still many thousands that did not experience any issues at all. I think most of the problems stem from the design in that it requires more power than standard USB drives.

Hi RAM GUY,

I'm on my second of these devices after suffering the the same symptoms as the OP.

I've had a look at the product reviews on Amazon (UK) and 3 out of the 6 reviewers so far have suffered the same fate.

A look down the reviews on Newegg also show a significant amount of users with the same issue. >25% at a glance?

I don't have access to the overall sales/failures figures but I'm staggered that you can quote less than 0.05%! Am I missing something???

My Corsair products have been 100% reliable over the years but there IS something wrong with this device. Hope it can be fixed!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employees
You have to remember than every one who purchases does not post a review. Don't know the actual number any specific reseller has sold but the information I gave was based on what we have sold verses what has came back. And I am sorry that has happened to you but please contact our customer service they will take care you just let them know your previous RMA#.

• 2 months later...

As I said, I don't have access to figures. But at 0.05% failure rate - you must sell a heck of alot of these devices!

'You also have to remember that every one who purchases does not post a review' - you can take this both ways. Those that had a failed device may not post a review either...

• Corsair Employees
Yes we do and yes I would agree with that analogy. However, if there were high failures we would see it in the returns and on this part we are just not seeing that. Anything about 2% and I would be concerned for the record, however, we look at all of the drives that come back and if we see an issue that can be corrected we will do so. This will happen through out the production life of any product that we manufacture. So again I am very sorry that happened to you but please contact our customer service with your previous RMA# and they will take care of you. If you have not had it replaced by us before please use the link on the left and request an RMA and let me know the case number so we can look at what you return.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes we do and yes I would agree with that analogy. However, if there were high failures we would see it in the returns and on this part we are just not seeing that. Anything about 2% and I would be concerned for the record, however, we look at all of the drives that come back and if we see an issue that can be corrected we will do so. This will happen through out the production life of any product that we manufacture. So again I am very sorry that happened to you but please contact our customer service with your previous RMA# and they will take care of you. If you have not had it replaced by us before please use the link on the left and request an RMA and let me know the case number so we can look at what you return.

Maybe your low defect rate on the 3.0s is due to the lack of a clear option in your RMA menu?

The items don't say Voyager and CMFVYGT3-64GB is not even listed!

I'm looking at purchasing either a GTR 64GB or Voyager 3.0 64GB. Can you advise on my risks?

6 billion people on earth

Percentage with a USB flash drive, ummmm lets throw in 20% (but since most of the population live in Asia I'm way out with this figure). That's

1.2billion sticks out there.

How many are this product? Lets try 1%, that comes in at 12million units (impressive). 0.05% of that is 6000 units.

So yeah, using my outlandish figures, what RamGuy says is correct and all those who've had issues (and have posted bad reviews) are in the minority.

I am on my third of these and yes it upset me because I lost something vital on the first stick. But I'm just unlucky....:roll:

• 3 months later...

8 months passed but it seems that problems with usb 3.0 are still present: just get my RMA and i'm going to send my 2 days old voyager gt 32gb.

you are already sure the you must replace it. so just send me it now and don't let me wait 6 weeks. if failure figures are so low, why you takes 6 weeks to replace these few pendrives?

I have to raise some issues with what you have said in this post and this thread.

certainly not everyone who is happy with the drive will leave a positive review but hand in hand with that goes the fact that not everyone whose device breaks will RMA either.

Corsair have made the RMA process so difficult, expensive, insecure and protracted there will be many people who simply don't bother. It costs £30 to send a memory stick to holland via UPS from the UK. Since it apparently takes 6 weeks i've had to buy a new for that time and i don't really want the replacement anyway, i have no use for a corsair flash drive any more. I can't even sell it in good conscience.

The only reason, absolutely the only reason why i have RMA'd mine is i simply i do not want you to get away with it. I don't want to let you make it so difficult for me to RMA that you can steal from me.

I am utterly gobsmacked by this 'Anything about 2% (RMA) and I would be concerned for the record' I read it a few times to check that i hadn't got the wrong end of the stick. You would be 'concerned' at a two percent RMA? What actual failure rate do you think this corresponds to? for every person that RMA's how many don't know about the warranty, don't know how to do it, can't be bothered, don't want to send off their private data, wait 6 weeks, receive a replacement they no longer want. Personally i would be extremely concerned about a 2% failure rate, let alone 2% RMA, but what failure rate do you think 2% RMA corresponds to 3%? 5%? 10%? and this is where you would be 'concerned'? i would be devastated if i were you.

but the most telling thing that in you post is this 'The GTR series has had some issues' where is the product recall? how do i exchange it for something that wont fail taking all my data with it? What have you done to make life easier for people like me? where is the slipstreamed RMA process? Where's the apology? Like many others i have lost valuable data and you knew it would happen and did nothing. Yeah 'the GTR has some issue' not my problem.

How much damage do you think the awful USB products have done to the corsair brand? Are you personally comfortable with what has happened?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived