Corsair Community

EVGA X58 + Corsair Low Profile

robert3892

I have a Corsair 600T White Special edition PC Chassis with an EVGA X58 motherboard part number 132-BL-E758-A1. I am interested to know if the Corsair White Low Profile memory CML8GX3M2A1600C9W would work in this motherboard. The White Color would help match up the paint scheme of the chassis. I was thinking of buying three sets so that all six slots would then have 2GB per slot for 12GB.

The Corsair specs say the following:

Compatibility

240-pin DDR3

Intel Core i3, Core i5, Core i7

AMD

So would this work?

thanks

Robert

(a.k.a. rjohnson11 EVGA Forum Moderator)

They should work, but they are designed and tested for the Sandybridge platform(socket 1155). From my experience on thes3e forums alot of users with x58 chipsets do alot better with Dominators. But you are welcome to try what you want.

The other thing is it is never recomended to mix sets of memory Even two sets of the EXACT same part number and version have a high likely hood of not being compatible. Let alone three sets. Ram is packaged and sold to be used as one single package for one board.So if you plan on buying three packages that have not been tested with each other to be sure they all run the exact same way, you are asking for trouble. At the very least they will have to run at less than rated speeds.

But again you are welcome to try what you want.

that ram is a set of 2 four gig sticks so only 2 kits would be needed for 12G with one stick left over.

they may not work at full speed with 2 sets but as you heard you can try whatever you like, i just hope you are successful. you will have that leftover stick to swap out for experimentation to find stability.

id like to see pics when all is said and done if you dont mind returning when complete :)

Hey, I have the white 600T along with the A70 and I am looking at the upcoming low profile Vengeance memory as well to go with my Sandy Bridge build (and case).

Is there any date I can expect the new Vengeance LP to be released? I want some great memory with a low profile because the A70 can interfere. I hope the release date will be soon... I am getting the rest of my parts around the 22nd.

I'd still like to see what the ram guy or Yellowbeard have to say but if everyone thinks it will work I might just do it and then post some new pics of my 600T white special edition. I'm also curious what the prices will be like in the USA and Europe. My local dealer is an authorized Corsair dealer and he knows I'm interested in that memory.

• 2 weeks later...
I have seen the normal Corsair black LP memory now in stock in some retail stores in Europe but the White version is no where to be found. The SKU part number is: CML8GX3M2A1600C9W. I might be tempted to get the black but really would like to have the white.

Archived