Corsair Community

600T and liquid cooling

HoochShepherd

So I have the 600T housing my 2600k, and am thinking about doing liquid cooling in it.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/12222/ex-wat-162/XSPC_Rasa_750_RS360_Universal_CPU_Triple_Radiator_Water_Cooling_Kit_Hot_Item.html?tl=g30#blank

to be specific. I'm tossing between that and keeping a NH-d14.

The question is, will a radiator fit in the top with out being seen? Have many people had any luck with water and these cases, or should I just stick with air and my mid-size case?

You would have to mod the top of the case to be able to get a 360 rad in there AND put 3 fans on it. Based on what I have seen, several people (myself included) who have WC'd this case have used a variant of this rad-

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/4083/ex-rad-84/Black_Ice_GT_Stealth_240_Radiator_-_Black.html?tl=g30c95s160 Of course, you could put the 360 rad in with one fan under one 120mm space and the put two fans under the top mesh, but performance would be cut because the air from the 1 fan under the rad wouldn't be venting properly. People have done it, but it is less than ideal.

The GT stealth rads will fit inside the case at the top with 2 120mm fans under the outside top mesh.

The RASA rad is a 3x120mm radiator and is 121x397x35mm (WxHxD)

GT Stealth Radiator Dimensions: 2x120mm 133mm wide x 277mm tall x 29.6mm thick

Corsair's new H80/H100 would fit perfectly in this case. That is what I am waiting on. Coupled with Corsair Link, the H80/H100 is a very elegant solution!

Hmm, interesting... I'd be curious to see how they bench. I was tempted to get the H70, but this other air cooler did better and was quieter... I'd have to assume the H100 solve at least the the first part. Not sure I'm curious enough to put buying the cooler and OCing to find out though..

Is there any official word on the release date? We are half way through June as it is now, the order site for em just says coming this month.

I pre-ordered mine. It looks like they will receive them on the 25th (est.) and ship out same day. So I should get it by the 1st of July. My H70 performs as well as my Megahalems w/AP-15s in push/pull. I'm guessing the H100 should do a couple degrees better.

So the story goes that corsair is using Coolit to actually make these. With that being said I'm guessing it's just gonna be an updated version of the C240.. And now I'm actually strongly leaning towards going this route for the time being and maybe doing actual water cooling after I'm moved and situated. I will say this though, I'm not gonna wait on an H100 with out an actual release date. Half way through the month it was gonna be released in and still no word is weird right?

Companies don't normally ship things out to distributors prior to an actual release date.. Who goes "Surprise!! Its coming out tomorrow!!" Either way, if there were benchmarks for it showing it's superiority over this (even of 3-5 degrees) and a better release date than the half past month I'd wait as is... but otherwise I'll probably just pull the trigger and call it a day.

So I talked to some one from Coolit today and was effectively told I won't be able to find the 240 anymore as they are pretty much doing stuff with corsair only. Although, he may have talked me into waiting out for the h100. Just not sure I really wanna wait on OCing.

Archived