Corsair Community

Noise from H60 pump

Walts

Hi.

I got the H60 with my new computer yesterday, at first it was very quite couldnt really hear anything but today im getting a sound from what i think is the pump. The noise is there all the time but not constant, last for a few second then it stops for a few seconds then start again.

I have a recording of the sound that i added in a zip file, this is while its starting up so it makes the noise for a longer period then while the system is running.

Walts

Noise from H60.zip

• Corsair Employees
If its a new Build its not uncommon for some air to get trapped in the system and cause pump Cavitation making a racket or noise, so give it a few days and if it does not go away or becomes so loud you can hear it over the fan noise then request an RMA and we can replace it.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi.

I got the H60 with my new computer yesterday, at first it was very quite couldnt really hear anything but today im getting a sound from what i think is the pump. The noise is there all the time but not constant, last for a few second then it stops for a few seconds then start again.

I have a recording of the sound that i added in a zip file, this is while its starting up so it makes the noise for a longer period then while the system is running.

Walts

I have the same problem with mine H60, how is ur doing now. The sound is gone?

Was hoping for H60 be complitely quite, but its far from that, when i run benchmarks at 4.5GHz+ on my 2500K

Mine sounded similar the very first time I started it up, after letting the fan and pump run full ball (as CPU_FAN 1&2 cannot be controlled separately on my motherboard) it went away within a minute or so. It was also on-off for a bit but is perfectly fine two days later :)

Archived