SMI = Fastest

Usbest = Slow and also doesnt work with an xbox 360 Fails the test

Try formating it in an xbox 360 if it fails you know you have a Usbest one

i linked the tool ;):

the README states in no uncertain terms:

Do not format recordable media other than SD/SDHC Memory Cards using

SD formatting software. If you have mistakenly formatted a recordable

media other than the SD/SDHC Memory Card, reformat the media using

the appropriate formatting software that came with the media.

i will proceed no further with this idea. Thanks Anyway!

LOL, using that tool is an OFFICIAL CORSAIR RECOMMENDATION!! i did not just pull that out of my hat, search the forum you will see Ram Guy has advised people to use that tool hundreds of times.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=53660

Please try and format the drive with the Format utility from the SD-CARD Organization. Then run the test again and see if that helps.

Please try and format the drive with the Format utility from the SD-CARD Organization. If that fails then you can request and RMA using the link on the left side and we can replace it.

Please try and move the data off of the drive then format it with the Format utility from the SD-CARD Organization. and see if that will correct the issue. Also how many files do you have on the drive and how large are the files?

I would get the drive to detect then use the Format utility from the SD-CARD Organization.

..However I would try format the drive with the Format utility from the SD-CARD Organization. first.

i can go on and on if you dont believe me!!

• 3 weeks later...

this formatting tool offers several options:

FORMAT TYPE = QUICK || FULL [ERASE ON] || FULL [ERASE OFF]

FORMAT SIZE ADJUSTMENT = OFF || ON

which options should i configure, or should i format using the defaults (QUICK; OFF)?

assuming the sdfv2000 formatting resolves the problem, should i keep the sdfv format or should i reformat to FAT32 or NTFS at some point?

the number of files vary from 3-10, and vary in size from several MB to 5GB.

since i don't speak japanese, i need some help about how to operate and interpret hdbench version 3.30 (am i supposed to be using version 3.40beta6 ?)

there are 5 rows: ALL, CPU, CHIPSET(?), and 2 others that i can't verbalize .. and 1 to 5 features for each row .. and 2 drop down menus -- the top one is obvious but the bottom one eludes me.

which tests (= rows) should i run and how do interpret the results?

With Fat 32 the largest file size supported would be about 2.0 Gig [...].

With all due respect, and just for the sake of accuracy: no, about twice that, 4 GiB minus 1 byte, to be exact (see the Wikipedia page on FAT). There are systems that limit the use of FAT-32 to no more than 2 GiB, like unpatched Windows 9x/ME, but it has been solved in all OSes in current use, AFAIK.

Archived