Corsair Community

CMZ4GX3M2A1600C8 RMA question

Hi, I purchased a CMZ4GX3M2A1600C8 kit a few weeks ago and would like to RMA them for a replacement kit (recently started noticing errors in MemTest within minutes of running it). However, when I go to the Technical Support to set up an RMA, I notice that this specific model number isn't listed after selecting a product type. The closest model seems to be the CL9 version. How should I proceed from here?

• Corsair Employees
Just create the case using the closest Part# and let me know the case number I will correct it. Also please let us know the make and model of MB and on what test you are getting errors and what are the settings for both CPU and memory?

Thanks for the help, much appreciated. As for the information you specified (not sure if you were asking for it now or just wanted me to include it with my RMA request, but here ya go anyways):

Motherboard: ASRock P67 Pro3

CPU: i5-2500K @ stock settings

Ram settings: DDR3-1600, 8-8-8-24 @ 1.5V (using XMP Profile)

I tested them separately in each DIMM slot and got errors with only one of the two sticks in each of the four slots. In most cases the errors occurred in Tests 5, 6, and 7, but there was one case where the errors occurred immediately. I tried downclocking the ram to DDR3-1333 to see if that would help but unfortunately the errors still showed up.

Just wanted to add that I ran MemTest again with both sticks installed, and errors showed up within seconds of starting.

One more thing: While browsing the forum for other threads involving this specific model, I noticed a post you made regarding its availability:

The Cas 8 part is no longer available that is why its not showing on the site.

So I'm assuming I won't get the CL8 kit as a replacement. Does this mean I'll be downgraded to a CL9 kit?

• Corsair Employees
I changed the part number but if you get errors on either module when you tested them one at a time it may not be the memory, I would check for the latest BIOS then load setup defaults and enable XMP Profile one and retest them one at a time. And you may have to Disable Legacy USB when running any memory tests I have not seen it with this MB Maker but a lot of ASUS MB's you have to and Asrock is a division of ASUS.

I'm using the most recent BIOS for this board (1.90), and have tried disabling Legacy USB. That's actually the test I mentioned in my previous post where the errors popped up immediately. I had noticed you mentioned trying that out in another thread and figured I'd give it a shot as well, but unfortunately it didn't help.

BTW, for how long will my RMA number be valid? I have another kit arriving a the end of the week and would like to use my Vengeance kit until then to avoid any downtime. I'd probably be able to get it shipped out by Monday, June 20th if that's alright.

Archived