Corsair Community

H50 high temperature first bios screen

popcorn11

Hello, Just build my custom pc today and first boot having problem with the temperature, The CPU temps is over 86c in less than 30 seconds, I thinking the pumps is broken or something wrong with my H50? it's brand new.

The mobo is ASUS p8p67, cpu 2500k.

Here is the video:

First i would reseat the cooler itself. Sometimes the pumphead doesn't make proper contact with the CPU. Second i would verify that the pump is running. It shopuld read around 1400rpm in your BIOS if you have a board that monitors fan speeds in the BIOS.

But it sounds to me like the pump head isn't making proper contact with the CPU IMHO. Dont forget to replace the thermal compound once you remove or reseat the cooler.

Actually it's good now, temps around 45c, I am not overlock the cpu yet. The problem is I plugged 3 pin from the pump to cpu fan it doesn't work, I switch to pwr fan and it working now but so so noisy...

Other question is if I going to put 2nd fan, which way I will put it? And as you see my case on the video, there is a power supply just on top of my h50, if I put 2nd fan it will cover half of my power supply fan.. is that ok?

Archived