Corsair Community

0x000000F4 BSOD from Sleep

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have Acer Aspire One 722 with AMD chipset. There are no storage drivers to update, no DRAM voltage settings in BIOS, no SATA cables to swap.

The only thing that helped me is starting cmd.exe as administrator and issuing a command:

fsutil behavior set disabledeletenotify 1

And - voila, no more BSODs after wakeup. Bad thing that this disables trim feature too.

But I hope this problem will be corrected someday and I will be able to enable trim back.

Even though it is not acceptable, This would not be Corsair's fault. The controller is made by Sandforce, If the SF-1200 had similar problems, Why didn't Sandforce look back at it to prevent it on the SF-2281?

With that type of principle, this means Corsair can use bad chips and say it isn't their fault. Consumers suffer while Corsair makes a profit. Somebody ought to sue Corsair.

With that type of principle, this means Corsair can use bad chips and say it isn't their fault. Consumers suffer while Corsair makes a profit. Somebody ought to sue Corsair.

I don't think Corsair makes a profit as of now. They are probably spending more money trying to actually solve the Issue with Sandforce Engineers. And how about RMAS. There may be at least 10+ new submissions on the Force3 Drive. So they have to send new ones and keep the old ones for their testing or converting them to Refurbished.

I just had that BSOD from sleep despite trim is disabled.

Hmm, I start thinking about returning the drive if its possible. It's not very cool to have a netbook that can't go to sleep.

Don't really know how this can be solved. It is best to Contact Acer Support. And tell them to update their BIOS so that they are compatible with SSDS.

i woke up this morning to a BSOD. Its really frustrating.

Have you tried any of the suggestions on the first page?

Don't really know how this can be solved. It is best to Contact Acer Support. And tell them to update their BIOS so that they are compatible with SSDS.

BSOD after sleep is not problem of Acer BIOS, other people with all different motherboards and BIOSes report same problem in this topic.

BSOD after sleep is not problem of Acer BIOS, other people with all different motherboards and BIOSes report same problem in this topic.

The BIOS may also contribute to this issue. It is most likely incompatibility issues. and those different motherboards are frequently given BIOS updates, which may improve stability. Although it may also be the drive itself. I would consider try and contact Acer Support first.

Let's face it, it's the drive that's the problem, not the board, not the bios. It was the exact same case with the initial force series. Stop blaming other parts or incompatibility. You said it yourself, Corsair is working with SF engineers and they are taking a very long time. And Toasted, do you actually work for Corsair? You seem to know if they are making $ or not. You seem to know a lot.

Let's face it, it's the drive that's the problem, not the board, not the bios. It was the exact same case with the initial force series. Stop blaming other parts or incompatibility. You said it yourself, Corsair is working with SF engineers and they are taking a very long time. And Toasted, do you actually work for Corsair? You seem to know if they are making $ or not. You seem to know a lot.

No, I don't work for Corsair. When it comes to troubleshooting or solving a problem, A company needs to spend more money to actually solve the problem.

So do you think it's principally correct that the clients should continue having daily bsods, whether if used for entertainment or production? This has been going on for a few months now, and it's uncertain when it'll be fixed. Is this correct?

Its not principally correct. I'm frustrated with it as well. But looking at it from the point of view from a company you want to be sure of something before you take action, such as a mass recall. Because that is expensive.

I'm sure they are working on something, I just wish I knew they were for sure.

Clearly there is something wrong with the drives and if you had to ask me I'm pointing the finger at Sandforce, not Corsair. Corsair should work something out with Sandforce to help their customers out. That, imho, is the best way to handle this. Sandforce should take the brunt of it... their controller is defective beyond measure.

You can fault whatever controller maker you want or chip maker or resources producer whatever, but should we the end user care about all that? We bought a Corsair product and Corsair has to be responsible for it. You say it's expensive to recall. Yes, perhaps so, and SF should compensate for it.

Right now, the ones actually at loss is really the end users. Corsair has made their profits from us. If nothings going to be done in the near future (it's been months), Corsair is going to lose more clients and ruin its reputation. I know for one thing, the way support is handling this isn't at all satisfactory to its clients.

If it's sandforce fault, and that Corsair wish to just blame them, then Corsair shouldn't even be making SSDs for them, sandforce can do so themselves and bear all responsibility.

Updated Drivers?

Installed IRST?

Latest drivers

How can I check that Intel Rapid Storage drivers are installed?

It's funny story with BSODs with Sony SZ laptops and Corsair SSDs because SZ are really good and well made piece of hardware. :D: There was no problems at all in past few years at all except SSD Bsod...

I've tried to install IRST - "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software".

Strange, the latest version from intel.com, GM965 is supported as stated on the website.

Try and run it as an admin.

If it still doesn't work then email Intel Support.

Archived