Corsair Community

0x000000F4 BSOD from Sleep

Toasted

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will do it (for testing purposes) when I'm certain that my system is stable, so that we can conclude to what fixed the problem.

I would like to know though what exactly is the LPM and what is the practical difference of leaving it enabled (LPM fix off) or disabled (LPM fix on) in the case of ssd drives.

Have you check for the latest drivers. you also might want to try installing IRST.

Did you enable AHCI on the BIOS and the OS?

Have you tried new sound drivers?

Hi,

Yes the AHCI is on in the BIOS and Windows sees my controller as a AHCI controller and all my drivers ar upptodate, I have not found any new ones at least and the lenovo update don´t find any new drivers.

My chip set is a Intel Chipset and i did update that lastnight with the sameproblems as before,

I will do it (for testing purposes) when I'm certain that my system is stable, so that we can conclude to what fixed the problem.

I would like to know though what exactly is the LPM and what is the practical difference of leaving it enabled (LPM fix off) or disabled (LPM fix on) in the case of ssd drives.

Link Power Management (LPM) which can reduce the power consumption of the chipset and SATA* hard drive. To warn of possible hard drive failures, SMART alerting is provided, notifying users when the drive detects potential oncoming failure.

-From Intel's website

Hi,

Yes the AHCI is on in the BIOS and Windows sees my controller as a AHCI controller and all my drivers ar upptodate, I have not found any new ones at least and the lenovo update don´t find any new drivers.

My chip set is a Intel Chipset and i did update that lastnight with the sameproblems as before,

you checked Windows Updates too?

Have you tried new sound drivers?

Always latest drivers and latest MB bios/GFX card bios. Firmware usualy when needed or recommended;):

Since audiostutter is very rare atm (once when starting certain progs) and i got no other problems,

ill just wait doin anything more about it until i get a new controller or mobo:D:

If any other problems surface or audiostutter get more frequent ill tell:nodding:

Have you check for the latest drivers. you also might want to try installing IRST.

Yes, I have either the latest drivers from Acer or the vendor. I've tried several versions of RST, including 10.1.2.1004 (Acer's latest... err only driver), 10.6.0.1022 (Intel's latest), 10.1.0.1008 (which supposedly fixed the issue for a few people on a different vendor's version of the same drive). Also tried removing the intel driver altogether to revert to the MS one ("standard AHCI 1.0 controller"), all nogo. Also tried the LPM registry mod. None of those things worked for me so far...

Yes, I have either the latest drivers from Acer or the vendor. I've tried several versions of RST, including 10.1.2.1004 (Acer's latest... err only driver), 10.6.0.1022 (Intel's latest), 10.1.0.1008 (which supposedly fixed the issue for a few people on a different vendor's version of the same drive). Also tried removing the intel driver altogether to revert to the MS one ("standard AHCI 1.0 controller"), all nogo. Also tried the LPM registry mod. None of those things worked for me so far...

Try the Intel driver

Link Power Management (LPM) which can reduce the power consumption of the chipset and SATA* hard drive. To warn of possible hard drive failures, SMART alerting is provided, notifying users when the drive detects potential oncoming failure.

-From Intel's website

you checked Windows Updates too?

Yes i have and i have installed all the Updates. That was the first thing i did check.

Try installing IRST.

Isn't IRST = Intel Rapid Storage Technology? If yes, then for the 3rd time, here are the versions I've already tried: 10.1.2.1004 (Acer's only validated version), 10.6.0.1022 (Intel's latest), 10.1.0.1008 (supposedly fixed the issue for a few people on a different vendor's version of the same drive). Is there any specific one you would like me to try other than those?

Isn't IRST = Intel Rapid Storage Technology? If yes, then for the 3rd time, here are the versions I've already tried: 10.1.2.1004 (Acer's only validated version), 10.6.0.1022 (Intel's latest), 10.1.0.1008 (supposedly fixed the issue for a few people on a different vendor's version of the same drive). Is there any specific one you would like me to try other than those?

Try and use the latest drivers from Intel.

On Friday (my time zone). I will be performing a secure erase with parted magic instead of diskpart. and testing the latest drivers from Intel, Windows and some Asus software.

Try and see if the new update works.

What new update? Nothing new has been released by intel since 6/8/2011 (10.​6.​0.​1022) and I have been using these- they don't solve the problem. And even if it somehow did, there's still the issue of not being detected at POST from a cold boot (which IMO is probably related to the sleep issue) and this is not a driver-level malfunction.

Also, since my 30day exchange window is almost up, I'd like to know if this problem is something that affects only certain samples of these SSDs or if the problem is just an incompatibility with my platforms (hence, getting a replacement drive will not solve anything). Is there a number for Corsair tech support? The website only directs you straight to making a RMA and I'd like to talk to or chat with someone to tell me what my options are because as it is, this drive is completely useless to me.

Guys, I'm having the 0x000000F4 0x0000000000000003 BSOD and I don't use any sleep or hibernation modes whatsoever. I am unable to capture a minidump, even when changing the path of the dump to another drive - it does not dump.

BSOD's only started after installing the force gt 120gb. Pretty weird.

Guys, I'm having the 0x000000F4 0x0000000000000003 BSOD and I don't use any sleep or hibernation modes whatsoever. I am unable to capture a minidump, even when changing the path of the dump to another drive - it does not dump.

BSOD's only started after installing the force gt 120gb. Pretty weird.

When are you getting the BSOD?

Startup, playing games, web surfing?

During any of the above. Last one, I left the PC while it was downloading a file, and when i came back later the BSOD was there.

The oddest thing is that no dump is captured. the ssd dissapears from bios, even from a hard reset. But since I've set it to capture it on another disk - it should but it doesn't

Try and unplug any Optical disk drive, storage drives, fan controllers, any lightning hardware. and leave the SSD plugged in. Does it do the same?. The problem seems more like the SSD stops getting power. test it on another system with a different power supply and see if it boots without any BSOD. That should be the reason why it disappeared. It may be the SSD or PSU.

-

Archived