Corsair Community

0x000000F4 BSOD from Sleep

Toasted

Intel RST 10.0.6.1022 + F60 v2.0 + Asus P8P67 Pro = fine few months since setup

Intel RST 10.0.6.1022 + F3-60 v1.3 + Asus P8P67 Pro + LPM fix = bsod(f4) after few minutes idle, not sure if regularly. TRIM related?

Intel RST 10.0.6.1022 + F3-60 v1.3 + Asus P8P67 Pro + LPM fix + hotplug = testing now..

Intel RST 10.0.6.1022 + F3-60 v1.3 + Asus Maximus III (P55) + LPM fix = bsod(f4) after few minutes idle, not sure if regularly. TRIM related?

I NEVER use sleep / hibernate (powercfg -h off). I NEVER shut down harddrives. 2 mins = blank screensaver. 3 mins = turn off monitor.

FORGET about new cables, despite a lot of suggestions here. that obviously isn't the problem.

Hi, is Corsair still working on this issue?

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
-First i did was turn on both prefetch and superfetch thru reg and then turned on the superfetch service. after that i did try turn off service but the audio stutter came back then. Will have a go after this thou:):

-Usualy i try have the latest drivers and evrything updated. I do use SRS Audio Sandbox to get better sound but i didnt have any audio stutter before adding the SSD´s and i also have same drivers as then since it aint that long ago;):

[Found DPC Latency Checker to be very nice to find if the SSD´s runs stable or something stalls or what not. U can provoke latency spikes if something is set wrong and u run a benchmark or do something that starts alot o traffic thru the onboard controllers, but u rarely can provoke em if evrything is ok. Not even my HDD´s could provoke latency and i checked before while lookin for unstable "drivers or hw parts".]

-I have now SSD´s on the onboard intel and HDD´s on the onboard marvell, with superfetch on all seem ok except small latency spikes specialy when downloading or doing something that start alot o traffic thru the onboards controllers. With superfetch off they get alittle worse and i also get the random audio stutter, usualy affecting music in the background while playing a game and this has never happen before.

When i had evrything on the onboard intel i got the random audio stutter again.

When i had the SDD´s on the Highpoint 640 controller card and the HDD´s on the onboard intel. i could turn off superfetch and evrything was ok even latency didnt have any small spikes:p:

have you tried enabling the onboard network processor? google it.

can you try and disable prefetch but leave superfetch on does the audio still shutter?

Intel RST 10.0.6.1022 + F60 v2.0 + Asus P8P67 Pro = fine few months since setup

Intel RST 10.0.6.1022 + F3-60 v1.3 + Asus P8P67 Pro + LPM fix = bsod(f4) after few minutes idle, not sure if regularly. TRIM related?

Intel RST 10.0.6.1022 + F3-60 v1.3 + Asus P8P67 Pro + LPM fix + hotplug = testing now..

Intel RST 10.0.6.1022 + F3-60 v1.3 + Asus Maximus III (P55) + LPM fix = bsod(f4) after few minutes idle, not sure if regularly. TRIM related?

I NEVER use sleep / hibernate (powercfg -h off). I NEVER shut down harddrives. 2 mins = blank screensaver. 3 mins = turn off monitor.

FORGET about new cables, despite a lot of suggestions here. that obviously isn't the problem.

Hi, is Corsair still working on this issue?

have you tried putting the SSDs on a dedicated power connector (only ssds are plugged in nd no mechanical drives.)

yes, Corsair is working on it.

i have not because I don't have enough connectors and this same connector was used to power a F60, which was fine since FW2.0... but not fine in previous FW versions... meaning to say, i doubt it's due to the cable, ahci, or many other things people have tried.... than product/firmware fault.

no the problem is not you. Again Corsair and Sandforce are still trying to find a solution even though this is a old thing. Every system is different, every motherboard etc. anything you do may make a difference. right now you will need to hang on until a new BIOS or firmware update comes out and i'm trying to start from the beginning as i may have missed a spot where the problem is caused.

im on sp1 with windows update up to date. had no problems with similar configuration with my f60 fw2.0

and, drive disappears from UEFI like i said, that's nothing to do with drivers already.

and, many others here have issues with Force3.... ..... so ... yeah.

As an update, across two pcs, just like Force 1. Disabling TRIM via fsutil command, google it... helps for now. 5 days running without BSOD. Once again, TRIM related issue.

that may be a temporary fix but i'm sure users would like TRIM enabled

yes, corsair should stop asking people to change cable, bios, driver, computers, os and work on fixing issues... and announce to everyone the drives have problems and they are working on things and offer returns if clients are unhappy.

yes, corsair should stop asking people to change cable, bios, driver, computers, os and work on fixing issues... and announce to everyone the drives have problems and they are working on things and offer returns if clients are unhappy.

You are incorrect. There are very valid reasons to use these steps and others in troubleshooting. If you choose to not do them, then that is your choice but don't tell us how to support customers and and don't steer others away from things that may benefit them.

You are incorrect. There are very valid reasons to use these steps and others in troubleshooting. If you choose to not do them, then that is your choice but don't tell us how to support customers and and don't steer others away from things that may benefit them.

So as it stands, what else do we need to do right now to fix this issue? Mind telling me, do these F3/FGT (60,120,240) drives have issues or is it just the few of us in this forum? Should we just wait? What's the next action of benefit?

I still remember last year, around June.. I was the first to report these BSOD issues on F-series, and had to go through so many stages of agony (actions of benefit) and then learn it's a TRIM related issue... which was fixed only many months later. If knowing so that there are issues, why is it so difficult to admit that the drive has issues?

So as it stands, what else do we need to do right now to fix this issue? Mind telling me, do these F3/FGT (60,120,240) drives have issues or is it just the few of us in this forum? Should we just wait? What's the next action of benefit?

I still remember last year, around June.. I was the first to report these BSOD issues on F-series, and had to go through so many stages of agony (actions of benefit) and then learn it's a TRIM related issue... which was fixed only many months later. If knowing so that there are issues, why is it so difficult to admit that the drive has issues?

You can try all the temporary fixes and at least try new SATA cables. You chose not to try new cables.

From this Thread

I've seen this happening a lot. All SATA cables are not made equal.

Even the ones that come bundled with motherboards can be bad quality sometimes and cause drive detection issues.

If you found that the issue was TRIM, The Corsair engineers may have tried your suggestion but it may have failed or not worked on their systems. Again, as stated by Synbios not everything is made equal. For example Corsair buys a motherboard during the 2nd week of release, it passes their internal testing and is tested on other motherboards and they have all passed. when it is released a customer buys the product and has the same hardware Corsair used to test the unit BUT the motherboard he/she uses is made in the 25th week of release. from those 23 weeks the factory that makes the motherboard may have released a new revision where the motherboard has more components or less. either way it is possible that that change may have affected the performance or stability of the SSD. If it was the SSD itself and the problem is not fixed but you want to RMA it Corsair will happily RMA it but you should not expect that the unit they sent you will work perfectly. So it is best to wait for a new firmware for the drive. if you think that Corsair is releasing a non-working firmware you are wrong, Before release of a firmware or product Corsair has internal sophisticated tests they have to pass before it is released to the public. lastly Corsair takes responsibility and admits the drives are not performing as specified, How do i know? Once someone creates a thread about a problem and a lot of users are replying to that thread this is a sign that the current drive has a problem.

I want to stress one important thing in regards to cables. SATA 6 Gbs circuitry is far more complex than SATA 3Gb. You need SATA 6 Gbps cables to achieve SATA 6G Gbps speeds. Your drive can work with a non SATA 6 Gbps compliant cable HOWEVER many issues could occur (crappy performance, freezes, etc). I have experienced those issues with "simple" SATA 6 Gbps hard drives. So it might seem futile BUT Corsair is very RIGHT to ask customers checking cables.

Maybe they should even bundle SATA 6G compliant cables with each SSD to avoid... that kind of problems. Quite frankly finding SATA 6Gbps cables can be a pain.

To clarify, this happens on a P55 board (made before SF2xxx) and P67 (same cable used to run F60, that i swapped with F3-60). Both boxes use different cables obviously and the P67 unit uses the one bundled with my Asus P8P67 Pro, which I assume should include decent cables. Now, this is the first time I've heard of SATA 6 Gbps cables and this I do accept trying.

Staff here have been talking about changing cables, but to what cables? There ANY suggestion to an actual product PROVEN to work?

Other than the 120GB series, they do not admit that their 60, 120, 240gb all have issues and made no clear arrangements or plans to handle clients with issues..

I hope Corsair understands why I'm furious.

Changing the SATA cables has benefited users (Improved Stability, Less BSODS).

There is no suggestion on the actual product as many users only post that changing the SATA cable had improved stability not the Manufacturer name, type, etc.

if the Force 3 120GB is faulty, Corsair will most likely check the other drives in the Force 3 Series. Corsair is currently aware that there is problems with the Force 3 drives but the point is Why would you create separate threads for each drives when the problem is nearly identical to 120gb Drive.

Changing the SATA cables has benefited users (Improved Stability, Less BSODS).

Yes, and if you're going to live on the "leading edge" you need to know about this stuff. Here's a doc that might be of interest:

http://www.serialata.org/documents/SATA-6-Gbs-The-Path-from-3gbs-to-6gbs.pdf

In the transition to SATA 6Gb/s, it will be important to use highquality cabling.

Problems may be related to the use of cables made from marginal materials that

perform at the edges of SATA 3Gb/s tolerances, which could become a failure point at

the faster 6Gb/s signal rates. SATAIO therefore recommends that only high quality

cables and connectors be utilized for SATA 6Gb/s.

I would add that in addition to getting a good cable for 6Gbps, you should get one that is the shortest possible between port-and-drive.

Archived