Corsair Community

0x000000F4 BSOD from Sleep

Toasted

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You actually read my mind, I will be releasing a tutorial explaining minidumps and how to enable and retrieve them. I want anyone declaring a BSOD to provide a minidump. The goal is to gather a huge sample size of minidumps and compare them to see if there is a common problem.

Hmm, my folder appears empty even after BSOD'ing from a standby resume.

Could it be possible that windows is unable to produce the dump if its unable to read from / write to the disk?

Could it be possible that windows is unable to produce the dump if its unable to read from / write to the disk?

Go to Start Menu > Type Advanced > then under the control panel tab click view advanced system settings > Startup and Recovery > System Failure > Untick Automatically Restart > Write debugging information> Dropbox and select Small Memory dump (XXX KB) > press ok. then when you have another BSOD it should not restart and it should save a small dump file.

Yeah, I had to make Windows save the minidump onto my HDD instead.

Been struggling with BSOD´s after i added couple ForceGT in Raid 0.

Setting Ram voltage seems to have solved it, had it on auto before.:D:

Just checked for a couple days now thou, will tell if it does same again.:p:

Was considering doin this until i saw this post, maybe it can help some others.

This should turn off hibernation:

Open command line "run as admin" - type "powercfg -h off" and hit enter and just exit window.

Turning it back on:

Open command line "run as admin" - type "powercfg -h on" and hit enter and just exit window.

Prbly some other way doin the same... :p:

Been struggling with BSOD´s after i added couple ForceGT in Raid 0.

Setting Ram voltage seems to have solved it, had it on auto before.:D:

Just checked for a couple days now thou, will tell if it does same again.:p:

Was considering doin this until i saw this post, maybe it can help some others.

This should turn off hibernation:

Open command line "run as admin" - type "powercfg -h off" and hit enter and just exit window.

Turning it back on:

Open command line "run as admin" - type "powercfg -h on" and hit enter and just exit window.

Prbly some other way doin the same... :p:

Glad it worked for you.

Also you have a very nice system 980x :eek:

Changing the ram voltage from auto to manual seems to have stopped the BSOD, but I still get one processor out of four that uses max resources after sleep mode.

In the resource monitor the CPU usage comes from System Interrupts.

When using LatencyMon after sleep mode I see that the DPC count is about 100x larger on mvs91xx.sys than on any other driver. Also the ISR count is over 100x larger in storport.sys than on any other driver. Mvs91xx.sys is for the Marvel 91xx SATA 6G Controller. These results are comparable to other drivers before sleep mode. Any clues how to fix this? As it is now, sleepmode is useless when it resumes using over 20% of total CPU.

I had several freezes that were followed by BSOD while playing video games but wasn't really connecting that to SSD since it's a brand new system

Just now verified that I can't indeed wake up from sleep and it took multiple hard restarts to get Windows to load again.

Win7 x64 on P8Z68-V Pro (Z68 chipset). Drive connected to Intel's controller (other 2 are disabled in BIOS). Memory voltage is set to 1.5.

Tested your registry fix toasted. Didn't work. Same BSOD.

What registry fix?

Here are 3 minidumps after crashing on resume from S3 sleep.

It's all from an F90 drive, v2 firmware.

I can't read your memory dumps. there in .txt i need them in .dump

i also need your system specs.

Changing the ram voltage from auto to manual seems to have stopped the BSOD, but I still get one processor out of four that uses max resources after sleep mode.

In the resource monitor the CPU usage comes from System Interrupts.

When using LatencyMon after sleep mode I see that the DPC count is about 100x larger on mvs91xx.sys than on any other driver. Also the ISR count is over 100x larger in storport.sys than on any other driver. Mvs91xx.sys is for the Marvel 91xx SATA 6G Controller. These results are comparable to other drivers before sleep mode. Any clues how to fix this? As it is now, sleepmode is useless when it resumes using over 20% of total CPU.

Try updating your Marvell Drivers. Or plug the drive to the Intel Chipset.

I had several freezes that were followed by BSOD while playing video games but wasn't really connecting that to SSD since it's a brand new system

Just now verified that I can't indeed wake up from sleep and it took multiple hard restarts to get Windows to load again.

Win7 x64 on P8Z68-V Pro (Z68 chipset). Drive connected to Intel's controller (other 2 are disabled in BIOS). Memory voltage is set to 1.5.

What drive are you using? Force 3?

try to set your PCH voltage to 1.10v

if that doesn't work then manually set the DRAM Timings in the BIOS (Refer to your motherboard manual.

I can't read your memory dumps. there in .txt i need them in .dump

i also need your system specs.

Aah sorry for renaming the dumps, the forum doesnt allow .dmp files; just rename them and they'll be right.

My system specs are:

HP Compaq TC4400

945GM, Intel T2400 (1.83GHz), Win 7 Pro x86

What registry fix?

Try updating your Marvell Drivers. Or plug the drive to the Intel Chipset.

The TreatAsInternalPort registry fix.

I changed the port that the corsair disc was connected to, that cleared up the problem. No blue screen, no excess cpu usage. Turns out that it was connected to the intel chipset after all, but it looked like it was using the marvell driver? When I changed it to the marvell port, it worked fine.

The TreatAsInternalPort registry fix.

I changed the port that the corsair disc was connected to, that cleared up the problem. No blue screen, no excess cpu usage. Turns out that it was connected to the intel chipset after all, but it looked like it was using the marvell driver? When I changed it to the marvell port, it worked fine.

If it is working fine on the Marvell controller then leave it as is.

Aah sorry for renaming the dumps, the forum doesnt allow .dmp files; just rename them and they'll be right.

My system specs are:

HP Compaq TC4400

945GM, Intel T2400 (1.83GHz), Win 7 Pro x86

Still Cannot be read please make a .zip archive.

Hello guys, I've been reading this thread because I also get the 0x000000F4 BSOD. But I don't use hibernation, and have it turned off. I have also turned off all power saving options. It happens while using the PC (everything from browsing to watching a movie). I will try to capture a minidump now that I have made windows save the dump on another drive.

It goes like this: I'm browsing/watching a movie, then sometimes a box pops up with an error about chrome or whatever has accessed referenced memory blah blah, then seconds later the 0x000000F4 BSOD. Interestingly it happend like this one time where chrome was just idle with 1 tab on google.com while i was using vlc player. Normally it happens when only chrome or ie is running. The SSD is missing from bios after reboot. Only power down will bring it back.

My SSD only contains Windows 7 and office/other big apps.

SSD is connected to the Intel sata 2 on my motherboard, and was installed on it.

AHCI is on in BIOS. Default msahci.sys and latest Intel chipset drivers.

Memtest+ 4.20 reported no errors on 2 passes.

Setting my dram to auto (1066MHz instead of X.M.P. 1600MHz) still BSOD's.

I have no overclock on my cpu.

Archived