Corsair Community

0x000000F4 BSOD from Sleep

Toasted

System:

Laptop Asus UL30A

Bought the Cosair F115GB part number: CSSD-F115GB2-A

and got the same BSOD every time i put my PC to sleep.

Tried to turn off quick boot in BIOS - no effect

Tried to firmware update and turn off quick boot in BIOS - no effect

Tried to change RAM voltage from Auto to static - This is not possible in my BIOS. I have been in contact with ASUS support to make sure i didn't miss something and this isn't possible.

Since my serial starts with 1143 i guess im not a candidate for a replacement

What do i do?

Allso is this problem for the entire Force 3 product series cause i see no one with the same issue and with my drive in this forum?

/Casper

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello,

just built up new computer to my parents. Specs are :

Asus P8H61-M MoBo

Pentium G860 processor

8Gb DDR3-1333 memory

Corsair Force F115 SSD

System gives 0x000000F4 BSOD when resuming from sleep/hibernate.

I've updated MoBo's bios to latest and also SSD firmware from v2.1a to v2.4. After that partitions are deleted and windows is installed again.

I've also tried to adjust dram voltage from auto -> 1,5V and also tried to change bios setting that could affect to hibernate (C3 and C6 ACPI settings). Bios or should I say UEFI doesn't have setting for S1 or S3 state.

Please give some help... Just about 5 weeks before I built computer to my friend using also Asus board but with P67 chipset and same kind of F115 SSD and it didn't have any problems.

-AHCI enabled in the BIOS and Windows?

-Installed Intel Rapid Storage technology?

-Tried turning off any power saving features?

- AHCI was enabled in bios. Hotplug option was tried to turn on and off.

- Intel Rapid Storage was not installed (I'm used to use msahci)

- Power saving features in bios didn't affect to this problem.... Windows7 power saving settings were kept in default.

I've already returned sdd to store.... now I'm waiting for refund or replacement (I've asked different type of ssd to make sure that these problems won't bother me again).

To get machine running I've bought Intel 320 series SSD today and just now testing that one.

• 2 weeks later...

Ya know, 18 pages and nothing helped. This is the first time since I have purchased the drive that I have tried to use "sleep." My Corsair power supply is iffy (high pitched noise), the ram was iffy (couldn't finishes testing without errors) and tje hard drive was the only think that seemed O.K. till now. I am convinced there isn't any broad testing applied to these products.

Just received another brand of SSD and E V E R Y T H I N G works perfectly.

S3, DRAM set, all the other tweaks applied, new cord (more money) ... nothing helps. It's the drive/firmware, simple as that. Tweaks may help but the root of the problem is that the device is not very compatible.

Same thing the other day with an external HDD from another company. Affordable drive, didnt work with half the applications I tried to throw at it. If you have to customize your rig because one single part isnt compatible, it isn't worth it.

I get this BSOD 20 times a week at the bare minimum with my ForceGT's, however I do not use sleep at all it just locks up while in windows. Eventually after it does it a few times the drive is no longer recognized by the BIOS and nothing I can do will get it back.

This has happened on four different motherboards of various brands. It doesn't seem to matter if I use intel or marvell SATA ports, the result is the same.

I have RMA'd one and returned three which were still under the return period. My ancient 32GB Torqx drive from 2009 works perfectly, and has been in several different machines both AMD and Intel. ForceGT seems to last about 3-4 weeks before it starts with the constant BSOD. I have drives of both firmware 1.3 and 1.3.3 and it doesn't make a difference which I boot to, I have the same thing every time.

The weird part is, it won't even finish crashing before it locks up, it just gets stuck like this:

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x164/arc00ta/DSC01921.jpg

This is mainly just venting since I don't expect it to ever get fixed. I've learned my lesson though, no more SF drive for me. I'll take a slower more reliable controller any day over these things.

Have you tried secure erasing the SSD and reinstalling Windows after the firmware update?

I've been through 6 of them and reinstalled windows more times than I can count. The newer ones have been coming with the latest firmware on it. Neither firmware makes a difference though, it has the same issue either way. I have tried using them in RAID as well, this was slightly more stable but inevitably one of them died. The third drive I got has lasted the longest, its at 2 months and 17 days right now according to SSDlife.

I've been through 6 of them and reinstalled windows more times than I can count. The newer ones have been coming with the latest firmware on it. Neither firmware makes a difference though, it has the same issue either way. I have tried using them in RAID as well, this was slightly more stable but inevitably one of them died. The third drive I got has lasted the longest, its at 2 months and 17 days right now according to SSDlife.

If you have gone through 6 SSDs, It might be a different issue.

-Latest BIOS, Drivers, Updates?

-Try manually setting the Standard voltages instead of the default "Auto"

RMA'ed my CSSD-F120GB2. Updated frimware on the replacement to 2.4. Suffered the same BSOD on resume from hibernation.

Frustrated! :mad:

-Latest BIOS, Drivers, Updates?

-Tried manually setting the voltages to standard instead of "Auto"?

-Tried different SATA ports?

I made some progress I think. I wiped both of my SSD's, updated the second one to 1.3.3, and re-installed them as a RAID 0 array with a fresh install of windows.

Shut off caching, pagefile, prefetch, hibernation and sleep like I usually do. However, this time I installed google chrome instead of firefox. I had a haunch that firefox might be part of the problem because the BSOD always occured with firefox open. It seems to be working so far, 24 hours with no BSOD when last time I had one immediately after I got the system up and running to my liking as soon as I started getting online.

• 1 month later...

Also had blue screens with my SF120. After updating to the latest firmware I secure erased the drive and reinstalled windows 7 64bit. Everthing worked great!

UNTILL...I installed Windows 7 64bit SP1.

I resetted my powermanagement (never turn off my hdd etc etc) but this did not work. Only when I don't put my pc to sleep I can omit blue screens.

So what is changed in SP1 versus clean windows 7 64bit that can explain this behavior?

More people on the forum also suggested that SP1 caused them problems.

Archived