Corsair Community

0x000000F4 BSOD from Sleep

Toasted

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In fact I secure erased F115GB2-A before updating to 2.4 firmware.

After secure erase and fresh install of Win7 I noticed an beter scores in AS SSD Benchmark but only sleep problem remains (the rest was OK - hibernating etc).

Here are the steps I used to made a clean install of Win7:

- boot on Win7 DVD and click repair your computer...use recovery tools..command prompt -> diskpart -> select disk 0 -> clean -> create partition primary align=1024 => format quick fs=ntfs -> active -> exit -> exit.

- boot on DVD and install Win7 -> Custom advanced ..select partition I created before. Installed Intel Chipset Version 9.2.0.1030 + Intel irst 10.6.0.1002 +Win7Vista_64_151718-GS45 Express Chipset.

But the sleep problem still here.

PS -Secure erasing was made with Parted Magic -Erase Disk -as external disk- because on internal option I got a message "The SECURITY_ERASE command cannot be performed". So I put the ssd on an usb interface from an external usb hdd.

After the firmware update and reinstall of Windows does the sleep issue still appear?

If it still does then Submit an RMA.

Yes, it still have sleep issues. I will return it to my shop and get my money back. I dont have any time to spent for playing around with this F115.

In fact I found a lots of complains about sleep problem at intel mobile platforms on diferent ssd brands (an employer form another ssd producer aknowledge that is a real issue and it isn't solved) regarding ssd stata II + Sandforce 1200 series controler.

The nasty thing is that sleep problem with Sandforce 1200 is around from at least an year.

I think it wil remain unsolved!!!!

I had not enough time to test firmware v 2.4 my F60 totally hang up before update.That happened after hibernation, it never restart and it is no more

detected by bios neither if I try to use un external usb bridge on others PCs.

On my PC , I have to wait about 2mn before bios said it is a "tape unit".

Is there someone facing that kind of situation ?

That smells the RMA !

In fact I found a lots of complains about sleep problem at intel mobile platforms on diferent ssd brands (an employer form another ssd producer aknowledge that is a real issue and it isn't solved) regarding ssd stata II + Sandforce 1200 series controler.

The nasty thing is that sleep problem with Sandforce 1200 is around from at least an year.

I think it wil remain unsolved!!!!

You can try contacting Intel telling them there are problems with the chipset and SSD.

I had not enough time to test firmware v 2.4 my F60 totally hang up before update.That happened after hibernation, it never restart and it is no more

detected by bios neither if I try to use un external usb bridge on others PCs.

On my PC , I have to wait about 2mn before bios said it is a "tape unit".

Is there someone facing that kind of situation ?

That smells the RMA !

Sounds like a dead SSD. Yes, Submit an RMA.

Here is some more infos about F115 (for Technical Staff):

In Linux Parted Magic 6.7, after resuming from sleep (suspend), the system waits long time - about 30 sec - and after that, F115 disapeared (no BSOD like Win7 sic! - Linux is more robust).

So Windows 7 has nothing to do with this bug.

F115 didn't make a valid wake from the sleep state (maybe chipset is guilty who knows).

I whish you a happy day!

Unfortunately I can also confirm that the sleep bug is still there with firmware 2.4. I've secure-erased twice and re-installed windows twice and haven't had any luck. My motherboard doesn't allow installation of the RST drivers, so I can't test different versions of those, just using the built in MS ahci driver. I haven't had the issue of my computer not detecting the SSD - yet.

Just question what drivers people using ?

i just noticed little part in the 2.4 firmware update thread.

For Intel based users, the update may not work with the Intel 10 series storage drivers. If you have issues with this update and you are using the 10 series Intel storage drivers, revert to the 9 series or use the Microsoft AHCI driver.

in yellowsbeard post i think if this matters then it should be highligthed and bold red leters so people dont forgot to read that part it would't suprise me if indeed fix bsod for most.

im doing a cleaninstall now but oldest drivers if found where 9.6 so hope thats old enough

just tryit using oldest driver i could find and i get bsod.

no intel rst driver no bsod trying 10.0.06.1022 now probaly bsod again.

no intel rst drivers and write performance and read performance takes a little hit.

bsod again ;|

Hurry up fix it already we did't buy your ssd's because we never use sleep mode.

hmmmm again bsod with microsoft ahci driver also

• 3 weeks later...

Hy

I just upgraded my System with a Force GT. I know that i would not reach full speed because I am having only SATA II compatible mainboard.

Still I was not expecting Bluescreens and freezes. I updated the drivers as described and set the bios to AHCI and the drivers are all on there, including latest AMD drivers, latest Bios update and all.

Now my question is if my hardware is compatible or not?

I really dont want to wipe my ssd and all of that if that is not resolving the issue.

And I would like to know a few things, that are definitely discussed before but i cant find them. if someone could point to the right threat would be great:

1. Why is the system freezing?

2. Why are bluescreens showing up?

3. Is there a system configuration that is "error proof"? (I am thinking of upgrading the rest of my system)

1. Why is the system freezing?

2. Why are bluescreens showing up?

3. Is there a system configuration that is "error proof"? (I am thinking of upgrading the rest of my system)

1. The system may freeze because of incompatibility or outdated drivers/bios/firmware.

2. Bluescreens show up when the Windows detects a problem.

3. Hardware is cannot be 100% perfect. They can fail their advertised specs or have a shorten lifespan.

Have you tried updating the SSD firmware?

The latest is 1.3.3

1. The system may freeze because of incompatibility or outdated drivers/bios/firmware.

2. Bluescreens show up when the Windows detects a problem.

3. Hardware is cannot be 100% perfect. They can fail their advertised specs or have a shorten lifespan.

Have you tried updating the SSD firmware?

The latest is 1.3.3

Yes i updated to 1.3.3.

I of course know why there are Bluescreen in general.

Of course there cant be a perfect system i know that myself but there seems to be compilations that are in general error free. So there is no specific reason why windows is freezing on an sdd, i never had that problem on an hdd.

As you can see in the picture my Benchmark results are really bad. My system boots a little faster but otherwise i cant make out big diffrences and this cant all come from SATAII. Its interesting that it reads quite fast but dose not wright faster then a normal hdd. Is there a way to speed that up without erasing Windows. I did all the little things like deactivating superfetch and all that.

1082609587_ASSDDBenchmark.thumb.png.d7037b9b018df147adeb667864b62099.png

• 4 weeks later...

Archived