Corsair Community

Corsair Force Series 3 RMA

So I have a 120GB Force Series 3. Works GREAT with my 2011 MBP. Now they're saying that I have to RMA it? The drive works fine, but the fact that I have to RMA it just gets me furious because I NEED a hard drive. I bought this thinking it would be worth the $240 I spent in it, but it's just turning into even more of a problem. I am a working DJ- I do many gigs per week and I don't have time for this nonsense. I bought this drive for it to work- which it does. But this mandatory RMA is ***** rediculous. Furthermore, I do not want to risk RMAing this "good" drive and getting a drive that does not work. Then I may just go bezerk.

The biggest problem is that my drive is working great in my computer. I have no problems what-so-ever. And now not only do I have to pay shipping to them, but I also have to buy another hard drive to hold me over until I get this one back..

As good customer service as that is, it is still unacceptable. Paying $250 for a product that works, but then getting asked to RMA at your cost, is annoying. I think Corsair should be doing an ADVANCED REPLACEMENT for all it's customers affected with this issue. There should be no reason for me to be without a laptop (AKA my JOB) for 2 whole weeks. SORRRYYY

my 2c

BTW, don't flame me before you read... I admire the fact that Corsair is replacing these, as they should be. But 2 weeks for a replacement drive? WE have to pay for shipping (as per what everyone who has applied for the RMA says). Thats just a huge load of bullSHATTTT. I'm gonna ask for an advanced replacement. If they can't do that I'm gonna pick up a different drive... Been a long time Corsair fan (got this drive the hour it came out), so treating me as such would help them keep me as a customer.

• Corsair Employees

I would suggest you request the RMA then you can contact our customer service and see if they can speed it up for you, but if the drive is not failing then it is your choice to replace it or not under this free replacement offer.

But I am 100% sure our customer service will do their best to work this out with you. :D:

I'm with woot on this one. To make this right corsair should have an advance replacement option. I would even be willing to give a credit card number until the original drive is sent back. Then corsair could send out a prepaid return box for the defective drive. So as it stands now we have to go out of our way to repackage the device in a box and then, at least in my case, drive somewhere to drop this off to a carrier.

Corsair's already stated they're covering shipping costs. You can certainly ask for an advanced RMA, it's within the standard warranty policy on the website.

That's good to hear. Sorry I got so mad bro. I'm a few beers deep watching hockey now so I'm more calm. Thanks for re-assuring me :)

How long will this "free replacement offer" be in effect? If it'll be for at least a few months then those with perfect working drives now can take their time and find a suitable arrangement to exchange their drives for the sake of peace of mind.

My 2 cents.

Archived