Corsair Community

New Fan for H70 - Required Specs ?

Strider11f

Hi Folks,

I bought this H70 to cool down an 955BE@Stock. With Fan mounted in Push/Pull Config. I got Temps of up to 63 C. Even with my Xigmatek HDTS963 the Temp. never raised above 48 C. So I mounted the Fan to push the Air out of the System and gave max. Speed to the Fans (2400 RPM according to BIOS) and it works ! Temps are now up to 50 C. But it´s not really silent. So I´m looking for some replacement Fans. What´s the required CFM Airflow, static Air Pressure and RPM? Would this one meet the Requirements?

Cooler Master 120mm Fan R4-L2R-20AC-GP

Thx in Adv.

• Corsair Employees
The fans we include are 750-2200 RMA and rated at about 70CFM as long as you get fans that are about the same I would expect the same results and the Noise level is posted on the products page under Tech Specs. You might check the mounting of the cooler and be sure that you torqued the screws down evenly in fact I would suggest you loosen the screws and re-tighten them, also what is your room temp and its not uncommon for the past to need 12-24 hours to settle.

I would recommend Scythe Slip Stream 1900 RPm fans-they have 110 CFM and they are pretty cheap. i am using them withmy H70 and they dropped temperature from 47 deg. C

to 42 deg. C

CPU is i5 750 @4,2 GHz

Archived