Corsair Community

700D side-panels not fitting properly?

Froberg

Hi,

I've just built a new system with a 700D series case. It's the most expensive case I've ever purchased, usually I've gone for Cooler Master.

I liked the simplicity of the 700D, suits me perfectly, however, I cannot seem to put the side panels on correctly.

They're on, and seemingly locked - but if I press a finger on them they bounce all over the place, and don't seem to fit flush in the middle of the back of the case. This is evident on both sides of the case, and it's creating a whole lot resonance noise because of it.

Am I doing something wrong when attaching the side-panel? It seems fairly straight-forward..

At this stage I'd rather have a damn screw to make it fit flush!

I tried looking for the manual, but I was unable to locate it, despite the quick start guide saying that I could download the full manual from here.

I'd really hate to not use this case, as it's the best looking thing I have ever laid my eyes upon, but if the side panels don't fit, what can you do? :/

Please, if anyone can lend me a hand, or explain to me how I'm putting on the panels incorrectly, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Hi,

I've just built a new system with a 700D series case. It's the most expensive case I've ever purchased, usually I've gone for Cooler Master.

I liked the simplicity of the 700D, suits me perfectly, however, I cannot seem to put the side panels on correctly.

They're on, and seemingly locked - but if I press a finger on them they bounce all over the place, and don't seem to fit flush in the middle of the back of the case. This is evident on both sides of the case, and it's creating a whole lot resonance noise because of it.

Am I doing something wrong when attaching the side-panel? It seems fairly straight-forward..

At this stage I'd rather have a damn screw to make it fit flush!

I tried looking for the manual, but I was unable to locate it, despite the quick start guide saying that I could download the full manual from here.

I'd really hate to not use this case, as it's the best looking thing I have ever laid my eyes upon, but if the side panels don't fit, what can you do? :/

Please, if anyone can lend me a hand, or explain to me how I'm putting on the panels incorrectly, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Are your cables all messed up on the back side? Could be poor cable management. I have the same problem with my 800d and 650d, just not enough room in the back for me...I'm just bad managing my cables, while others seem to make it look like art. Do you have any pics of what you're talking about?

It's on both sides, so it's not down to cables. :/

I'm tempted to try to see if the panels are bent somehow, and possibly flatten them out again..

I'm sure they're not supposed to rattle if you poke them with your finger. :p

• Corsair Employees
The case may have got tweaked in shipping but submit a request for an RMA and put in the comments that the side panels dd not fit properly and they can try to send you new side panels or a new case if needed.

The case may have got tweaked in shipping but submit a request for an RMA and put in the comments that the side panels dd not fit properly and they can try to send you new side panels or a new case if needed.

Will I have to dismantle them and send them back, before replacements can be sent? If so, it might just be simpler to try to straighten them out myself.

Appreciate the feedback though, I'd kind of hoped that I was just useless at installing them properly. :/

Archived