Corsair Community

Cmx8gx3m2a1600c9 bios problem

AJRimmsey

HI,

just installed >

Corsair XMS3 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit (CMX8GX3M2A1600C9)

on a>

Gigabyte GA-870A-USB3 Motherboard Phenom II Socket AM3 AMD 870 ATX RAID Gigabit Ethernet (rev 3.1)

memory is showing as 1333 and not 1600 at 1.5v.

if it helps cpu is >

AMD Phenom II X4 945 Deneb 3.0GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3

125W Quad-Core

what bios settings should i alter to set the memory correctly ?

found the voltage but theres no 1.65v,closest is 1.64v.

thanks for any help.

update:

set multiplier to 8x and voltage for ram to 1.64v

memory is stating itself properly on post screen now.

is it safe ?

I would suggest setting the memory voltage to 1.7 Volts if you are going to O/C to get the memory at DDR1600.

I checked bios and the highest setting is 1.66v but thats redded out like it has a nuclear warning set to it.

not planning on overclocking anyway,the great radeon bios flash feckup of 98 stopped me ever clocking again..:biggrin:

seems to be running stable though,just getting graphic cards vpu errors,but i suppose thats driver related.

thanks for reply though.

• 4 years later...
  • Corsair Employee
i´ve got the same Hardware, but changing the voltage didn´t change anything....screen gets blank after few seconds in windows after starting the browser, is there anything else i coucld do???Thx 4 help;)

Is your bios up to date? Which specific memory kit do you have (the one in your signature)?

• Corsair Employee
Bios is up2date it is f5h...with vishera support, and yes it´s the memory in the signature

That's a different kit from what the OP was running, I'm not finding it as being compatible on our end nor the motherboard manufacturer's end.

Try going back to a non beta bios and see if that helps.

Archived