Corsair Community

3rd 850TX in 2 years !!

quality

2 years ago i decided to change from enermax to corsair due to the long warranty of 5 years & the excellent internet hype surrounding corsair psu's.anyway to cut the long story short,my 2nd 850tx after 2 years of use is failing me,i get bsod's when ever the system is under heavy load for few minutes,the lowest 12v rail reading was 11.349 other readings are anything from 11.4 to 11.8. very unstable.

i have contacted the retailer who said they will exchange it for another 850TX but i dont want another 850TX !! 2 bad psu's in 2 years is good enough reason for me to stay away from the TX line of psu's,any chance you guys can email the retailer to ask him to give me a better quality corsair psu & i will pay them the diffference in price ?

i need a quick response please. thanks

first off i would take out half your ram and test again. second just to ask did you use some software to check the voltage or use a real DVOM?

thirdly you should CALL Corsair's customer service and discuss possible options, nothing in the regard of getting a different model can be done through these forums.

if you explain the situation im sure they will work with you to find a solution acceptable to you, they are VERY reasonable but you have to get someone on the phone. its worth it.

let us know.

i'd like to know the error that bluescreens you and how you checked the voltage ok?

why would you go through your retailer, he is not Corsair nor does he offer the super customer support Corsair does.

the retailer cannot make the the right decision for you as the customer, you seem to have an issue with your store, not Corsair.

i suggest you give Corsair a call, you have not even tried them yet.

Corsair is not the problem, your store is...

yes i do have a problem with corsair because the quality of thier products is awful,also the nearest corsair RMA centre is in the netherlands which will be a killer to RMA a 3.7 killo psu to.this is why the retailer i bought the TX850 from covers the 5 year warranty.

it's my fault i should have gone for ******** or ******** atleast their RMA is local.

end of story there is no chance i'm gonna have another TX850 in my PC,the retailer says there is no other option available for me but to have another TX850 so they can go to hell with their high priced junk power supplies.i will call them tomorrow & ask for my faulty psu back. :mad:

i did suggest you CALL them and explain this is not your first rodeo with replacing the PSU under warranty. Corsair is here to HELP you not piss you off as your retailer has done by not trying a different model.

if you dont use/try/call CORSAIR customer service you have noone to blame but yourself.

the warranty is through CORSAIR not your store!!!! all your store can do is provide an equal exchange under the stores policy. i cannot stress this enough!!!!!

• Corsair Employees
I do understand your frustration, but honestly we do not have a problem like you would suggest; the return rate on this model is quite low like less then 1% so I doubt it's our quality that is in question, I would suggest you contact our customer service with your previous RMA# and explain the situation to them and I am sure they will do their best to help get this resolved, or please give me your case or RMA# and I will be happy to ask them to contact you.

@ ram guy

the RMA is with the retailer not with corsair,as i said we dont have a corsair RMA centre here,the nearest one is in holland.if i PM you the retailer's name & email + RMA number will you be able to contact them & ask them to exchange it for the HX850 & i will pay the difference in price ? please reply as soon as possible.

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry I do not except PM's unless you are an Admin but you should contact our customer service for this type of request. However, resellers are often times not purchasing direct from us but customer service would be able to help with that information. You can install Skype and call the toll free number.

oh the retailer after testing the psu & fault was found sends me another TX850 but this time it's version 2 of this unreliable crap brand.

my advice is stay away from corsair psu's,buy psu from dedicated psu company not from ram dedicated company,also make sure they have local RMA centre & also make sure you share your experience with others online so we can hopefully stop others from falling the corsair psu hype & the attractive long warranty.

i fail to see how Corsair is to blame at all when you insist on only dealing with your retailer.

scan is not Corsair, if you choose not to have your issue addressed by Corsair you have no idea of the superb customer service and satisfaction you are missing out on.

i fail to see how Corsair is to blame at all when you insist on only dealing with your retailer.

scan is not Corsair, if you choose not to have your issue addressed by Corsair you have no idea of the superb customer service and satisfaction you are missing out on.

yes i blame corsair because if it wasn't for their poor quality power supplies & the lack of local RMA centre i wouldn't be in this messed up situation (2weeks no PC).

no i'm not willing to call their office in america nor will be willing to RMA a 5 kilo power supply to some RMA centre in another country.

anyway i have gone for XFX black edition 850w modular,should be here tomorrow,the psu scores highier than any corsair psu & is cheaper too with 5year warranty & local RMA centre. cant complain at all.

Update:

sold my replacement corsair for few ££ after i got my xfx pro "modular" which is super amazing (sliver rated too) ;) & really cheap compared to corsair's modular psu's,the 12v rail never drops below 12.172 no matter what the load level is.

and about me saying i will be boycotting corsair that is true but i'm only going to stop buying their inferior power supplies,memory & everything else i will still buy if they do present good value & quality,in fact i just recently bought corsair ddr3 ram to go in my new sandybridge pc & so far no complaints.

Archived