Corsair Community

h60 screw size

draterrojam

Hello, just got a h60 about a week ago and would love to put it in a push/pull config.

First, what size screw does it use? a 6-32 x 1.25in?

Secondly, what kind of fans do you guys reccommend? I have a couple http://www.amazon.com/120mm-Performance-120RB-Black-White/dp/B0039825LM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1307329681&sr=8-1

Which are great looking, trying to keep the whole white/black theme (matches the cat) :D:

Any help would be great. Thanks a ton

p.s. I will be getting a new 650d in the mail soon, would the stock back fan be the same as the stock h60 fan?

• Corsair Employees

what size screw does it use? a 6-32 x 1.25in

A" Yes that is correct you can get these at most hardware stores.

And Yes that blog was with our H-50 and if you wanted to create a push pull fan system and at least 50CFM fans would be suggested. (lower Fan speed = Lower Noise in most cases)

Slightly different questions posed than what you had asked.

However its related, the point is that you can change the fan configuration to fit your needs and I was pointing out that the fan we include a bit higher CFM but you are welcome to try different configurations.

what size screw does it use? a 6-32 x 1.25in

A" Yes that is correct you can get these at most hardware stores.

And Yes that blog was with our H-50 and if you wanted to create a push pull fan system and at least 50CFM fans would be suggested. (lower Fan speed = Lower Noise in most cases)

Slightly different questions posed than what you had asked.

However its related, the point is that you can change the fan configuration to fit your needs and I was pointing out that the fan we include a bit higher CFM but you are welcome to try different configurations.

Thanks for the help RAMGUY. I apologize for the confusion and appreciate you getting back to me.

Ok, so I got the screws, mounted two fans in a push/pull and my temps don't really seem to be any better at all. I'm using 64 cfm fans, both running on 4 pin molex and my idle temps are around 35-37 degrees. I am not over clocked (i7-870), and the ambient temp here is about 21c right now. I have the fans pulling cool air from the outside of the case (650d).

The screws for the pump are mounted with a screw driver, but only cause I couldn't get my hand in there properly to screw them in. and only tightened them just a little bit (didn't want to strip the screws).

Any suggestions?

These temps are fine so I am not sure what to say, you might check when its about 20-23 Deg C room Temp and see what it shows

It is about that temp right now.

Also, I tried switching from your fan to a cooler master excalibur and the temps were worse. I don't get it, isn't that fan supposed to be slightly better. Kinda mad I spent 20 bucks on it. Read a lot of places that people used two of these for push pull and had great temps. Right now its about 65F or 20c. I don't get it.

• Corsair Employees
The fans we include are above average performance, they are about 750-2200 RPM and about 68 CFM at Max and the noise is about 23Db, so fans at this rating can be hard to find at a reasonable price. Most of the Fans you would find in a retail store are about 1/2 to 3/4 of this spec. And cost about 15-30.00 USD. The best thing is to look on line for Fan specs and find the fan that is at least as good as our if not better then search for that part.

Archived