Corsair Community

CMX6GX3M3A1600C9 errors

ChrisUGH

Have a problem with my ram, it's really strange

I had really bad problems about a month ago, my pc started crashing randomly freezing.

memtest showed me errors so i rma'd, only to find they could get no problems with the ram. They send the ram back and lo and behold it worked no memtest errors at all!

so 2 days ago I started getting the errors again, same everything again what can the problem be? screenshot attached :)

3545fg54.jpg.f4c0f43c0775659905446f8a21b43f72.jpg

ok so i removed all other components and a new psu. still had the errors, inserted 2X1gb 1333 ram no errors.

so the ram seems to be faulty however after the pc stands a few hours they work fine. Then after a bit of black ops(etc) it starts to lag eventually freezing and then shows the memtest errors.

That sounds more like a Voltage or thermal issue have you tried testing the modules one at a time?

this was my initial conclusion too, however all voltages are standard and if i test them 1 at a time one stick gives and error at 1000mb and the other at 555mb.

tried different slots too, and I have a fan blowing air from the side of my case(big one) and it also made no difference. either way after playing black ops for a while the sticks remain relatively cool.

:(:

Lets try and replace them, please use the link on the left and request an RMA.

I would if i did not live in south Africa ;):

I took my entire rig to a pc shop hoping they might pinpoint the problem. I'll update this thread again when i learn more.

ok, so.. sent the mobo, cpu and ram in...

nothing wrong with all 3? so I now presume that only after a certain set of specific conditions like gaming the ram becomes unstable and remaining like that for a couple of hours. When the pc gets restarted the ram seems fine for a while before starting to lag again.

I've ruled out heat, infact the sticks are cool to the touch even after intense gaming.

so another strange fact of this is the pc shop i took the ram to had an exact match they also had trouble with and corsair also said no problem :/

so a bad batch of ram them? all of them the same as mine?

I am fairly sure everything is set up perfectly with the ram and motherboard, I have included the cpu-z report in html format

that contains about all the relevant information.

I have tested on the default 1333mhz standard settings - after a few hours - errors memtest

1066mhz- errors

1600mhz xmp - errors

motherboard with 1600mhz ******** ram - no errors

motherboard with 1333mhz oem ram - no errors

Let me just state for the record this (testing) plus the returns and shipping to and from corsair sa has cost me more than the ram itself

With absolutely NOTHING to show for it.

cpu id.zip

as i said everything is auto in xmp

dram voltage is 1.66, and the qpi/dram link is 1.20 however tried at 1.35 still the same

gives the errors at 1333mhz and at 1600mhz even at default (stock) 1333mhz

I am not getting REALLY irritated with my local shop and the corsair supplier in south africa. This has now been dragging on for 4 months.

1st) the memory worked fine for over 4 months, then suddenly started giving me these issues!

2nd) I have spent over and above what I spent on the ram to test every part in my system. Rough calculation is about $300

3rd) There is NO LOCAL customer support for corsair in south africa. NOTHING.

4th) I will provide proof that these sticks are not working properly and that another small pc shop has the exact same issue as me and they can't get the ram replaced at all. They are exactly the same as mine even to the supplier sticker!

This is getting me down. :mad: does corsair in the USA really condone the service we receive in south africa? :confused:

edit: I have 2gb 1333 oen kreton ram in my system. It's working fine, infact it works better than with the 6gb ram (obviously) much smoother and less blue screens. ;(

• Corsair Employees

What are the exact settings you have set for both CPU and memory and what test are you getting errors on?

How many modules are installed and have you tested them one at a time to be sure one is not failing?

What are the exact settings you have set for both CPU and memory and what test are you getting errors on?

How many modules are installed and have you tested them one at a time to be sure one is not failing?

memory has been sent in for RMA at last, after several weeks and a lot of angry phone calls.

i will update this thread when I get them back.

ok rma went well, got a new set. Ram working @ 1333 perfectly. @ xmp 1600 it gives blue screens. Set the qpi/dram voltage to 1.35 and now it seems utterly stable been running a memory/cpu stress test for a couple of hours and there is no sign of problems.

thanx for all the help!

Archived