Corsair Community

My White SE 600T keeps making a TICK sound

hungh

I get every now and then the "pack! explosion" sound too from my black 600T, at first i thought there was something interfering with the fans but its not that.

I was a bit alarmed in the beginning but everything is working fine depite the explosions :D:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If possible can you record the sound of it. (Don't have a 600T).

-Check the front intake fan. Does it wobble or slide side to side?.

if yes then that may be your problem.

-If you think it is the panel, tap it or gently push it does it move?. also check the bottom plate (where the psu area). and try wiggle the places where the panel holds on to.

if they wiggle then it that may be the cause.

-If none of those work does the noise appear if you take off the side panel. if yes then continue reading. Leave the system operating and touch these specific areas. hard drive cages, front fan intake (where its screwed on to). the optical drive bay, the PCI-E slots, top mounted fan and lastly the plastic window or mesh.

Again, when you touch it does the noise stop?.

please note that i do not own this case and you may refer my questions as noob. but its worth a try. Post back if you have any findings.

Yeah I understand your thoughts on those other parts causing this sound. I can only say its not the fan for sure. I actually put my finger into the fan when it was spinning and its not the same sound. When I push the side panel or the window it doesn't make the same sound. Its similar, but definitely not the same sound. I've tried moving my hard drive up and down both hard drive cages and even removing one of them and its still the same.

I'm fairly sure its the actual case itself that is causing this sound. My reasoning behind this is because the location source of the sound shifts every once in a while. At first it was coming from the top, then the front, then the back, and so on. If its shifting all the time, it can't be a certain component causing this sound. The sound should be staying in the same area. Also, it can't be my whole computer messing and causing the sound to occur at different areas.

Additionally, my computer was assembled professionally. You can't really mess that up.

Currently, its making these "pack" explosion like hplusf is describing, which is sorta worse than the "tick" i used to hear. The only upside to this is the fact that at least the case is getting "worn" in. Hopefully, this will mean the sound will go away eventually.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I'm still having the issue. No change at all. Happens as loud and often as it always has. I don't have the clear side panels. I haven't even had the side panels on for at least the last 4 months. Still seems like the sound comes from the USB/fan control area.

Anybody who is reading this its the side panel clear window. To fix this your options are

A. tighten screws

B. loosen screws

C. mesh insert instead

I don't think its a side panel clear window issue, mine doesn't have the window and still makes the sounds.

On the bright side I don't care anymore about the "pack" sounds, I love the case! :biggrin:

Stop saying it comes from the side panel when you don't even have the case. Its not coming from there. It sounds similar to it when you press on it, but its definitely all over the place. I just heard a loud pop coming from the front a few seconds ago.

I have an older 720p TV that makes almost the same type of sounds. After I turn it off from watching TV and go to bed, once in a while it makes that sound too.

Just heard another one again.

• Corsair Employee

I have been using the 600T case now for a few months and I have none of the issues you all have described. I have tried running 24-7 for a few weeks and turning it off at night when I leave and either way I have not heard any strange noises.

FYI my config on this system is:

Graphite SE White 600T Case

Gigabyte EX58-UD3R

Intel I930

GTX260 V/C

12 Gig CMP12GX3M3A1600C9

2- WDC 640 Gig Black Edition S-ATA3 HDD

1- Corsair F3-60 SSD

Corsair CX600 PSU

Using the stock CPU cooler but will change to one of our coolers in the next few days just wanted to try and duplicate what some have been reporting.

And I use this system as my workstation so I am on it all day 8-6 every day.

I have a black 600T and I think I had a similar problem to what people are describing here. I was pretty alarmed the first time I heard it...thought something in my new and first build was going to break down.

I noticed it mostly when I was gaming, so I'm thinking it had something to do with the case heating up. I remember searching in August and found a thread or two where people speculated it was the case materials expanding/contracting slightly from the heat. Eventually, I started noticing it less and less.

2 weeks ago I swapped out the solid side panel for the mesh window panel, and haven't heard it since. But, I think it may have stopped making the noise before changing the panels, i honestly can't remember.

• Corsair Employee

If you still have the panel can you put it back on for a day to test?

I think the people who may have this issue may be cause from a few different scenarios.

1. Miss-Aligned or damaged Side panel

2. Noisy or bad 200MM Fan.

3. Failing Fan controller

At least most of the threads I have seen involve these areas that I have seen most when this has came up. So if you have that symptom please try to investigate what the case might be and we will do our best to get you what ever you need to correct the issue. I am sorry I can be more specific but I and several other people have tried to isolate what the common cause might be; there is just no concrete definitive answer it is turning out to be a CASE BY CASE ISSUE; excuse the pun.

Now I'm getting weird clicking sounds a few times a day. Sometimes, even after I turn it off, it will make these sounds. Weird stuff with the temperature problems.

I'm actually gonna have to stay away from corsair in the future. I've got a 64GB SSD with the force 3 series and it wasn't pleasant to find out so many problems with the 120GB version. Almost bought their speakers too.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the people who may have this issue may be cause from a few different scenarios.

1. Miss-Aligned or damaged Side panel

2. Noisy or bad 200MM Fan.

3. Failing Fan controller

For me, the noise seems to be coming from the fan controller panel. However, functionally, everything on the fan controller/USB panel seems to be working properly. I can't really take anything apart to investigate further, since there is a rivet preventing me from pulling anything out.

What are my options? I don't really want to send the entire case in for an RMA since it will be expensive to ship, and there's an inconvenience since I don't have another case to use temporarily.

Archived