Corsair Community

RMA number lost

Your Support ticket has assigned Case #2041042

I have found the e-mail with the case number and password so I thought I will check to see what is happening, and this is what I got.

RMA Status for TSX Case [ Go to your case ]

Thank you for choosing Corsair products! The following is the status of your RMA Number 1228360.

RMA Issued On: 5/10/2011

Defective Parts Received on: Defective Parts Not Yet Received

* NOTE: it may take up to 24 hours for this date to be updated after arrival at Corsair

Part Number Received: N/A

Quantity Received: N/A

RMA Replacement Parts Ship Date: N/A

Replacement Part Number: N/A

Replacement Part Quantity: N/A

Replacement Shipping Method: N/A

Replacement Shipping Tracking Number: N/A

As it has been three weeks, I would have expected some sort of update.

And I am not phoning the USA number, this has already cost me enough as it is.

All I can say after reading your forum about RMA problems is the customer service stinks.

All I want is what I payed for, is that to much to ask.

As it was Royal Mail first class recorded, there was no tracking number.

So it looks like I have lost 68 euros. ( $98)

As this is a global company, why do they not have a base in the country they sell in.

One very unhappy and ex Corsair customer.

• Corsair Employees

Alan

I am sorry but how is it our fault if the shipper you chose has lost the package? And they did not give you tracking information?

I have sent a message to our customer service to check the case again for you is about all I can do, other wise I would suggest calling our customer service by phone and see if they can check it for you.

RAMGUY thank you for your help, I received an e-mail from Corsair today saying they had received the ram, (24 Days after it was posted).

I was not blaming Corsair for the crap UK postal service, I was trying to say that a major retailer should have returns procedures in each country it sells in, rather than having to send them to another country.

I am sorry but the reseller should be your first point of contact, and that is just not practical to have an office in every country we sell products in.

The reseller was my first point of contact and told me it would be quicker to use the Corsair RMA policy than send it back to them.

Sorry to butt in but Ram Guy does have a point, it would be a little impractical.

Saying that most companies I have dealt with in the past have had a support number that is not only in the US and have been generally better to respond to emails.

Either way, arguing about it on the forum will not change anything. they got the RAM in the end right ;)

Saying that most companies I have dealt with in the past have had a support number that is not only in the US and have been generally better to respond to emails.

Either way, arguing about it on the forum will not change anything. they got the RAM in the end right ;)

I was not arguing, It just seems a lot of hassle to have to send it to another country,then when things go pear shaped you have to phone a different country again to find out what is happening.

• Corsair Employees

Again I am sorry but we have no control of what resellers do or how they take care of their customers. However, with memory we have a lifetime warranty and that applies to any reseller as well. Most of the UK resellers I am aware of would just replace them for you and send the failing part back to us. So I am sorry they did not take care of you and pushed you back on us.

Who was your reseller by the way, we can bring this up with the UK sales manager and see if there is something that can be addressed in the future?

• Corsair Employees

Wow that is not normal for them, they have always had great customer service in the past. But I will ask the UK Sales manager to contact them and see if there is something that needs to be addressed.

And it is no problem at all that is what I am here for, just sorry this was a problem for you.

Hi RAM GUY, any chance you can check what is happening with this RMA, they received it on the 6th of July and I have heard nothing since, this has now been going on since the 10th of May, partly because of the delay by the postal service and also because nothing has been updated for the last 9 days on the RMA site, so any update would be welcome.

Archived