Corsair Community

Attn: RAM GUY - I have not received any response from Corsair TSX

I just called customer service to request an advance RMA and they said that the CMXAF2 GT is not in stock.

Can you confirm this? And if so, when will it be back?

I have my memory overclocked to 1800 Mhz and I do not feel comfortable running my computer without the fan assembly on them.

Can you confirm this? And if so, when will it be back?

No point in confirming it. If we did confirm it, it would be done by checking with Customer Service. If they say it is OOS, unfortunately, it is.

You could either ghetto mod a spare fan onto your RAM or downclock the RAM until your fan is replaced if you are not comfortable using them without the fan. However, if you have even decent airflow in your case, you'll be fine without a fan. If you are running it at 1800, it's actually underclocked already if you are talking about the 1866 kit in your signature.

No point in confirming it. If we did confirm it, it would be done by checking with Customer Service. If they say it is OOS, unfortunately, it is.

You could either ghetto mod a spare fan onto your RAM or downclock the RAM until your fan is replaced if you are not comfortable using them without the fan. However, if you have even decent airflow in your case, you'll be fine without a fan. If you are running it at 1800, it's actually underclocked already if you are talking about the 1866 kit in your signature.

Touché

Actually I can't get them stable at 1866. Even with the whole system set to default clocks and using the XMP settings, the computer isn't stable. Which leads me to another question...

Is it normal when the XMP is enabled for the CPU to be downclocked? Because that is what happens on my system. When I enable the XMP, it drops my CPU multiplier to 18 (20 default).

• Corsair Employees

What happens if you just load setup defaults and enable XMP?

Also what core of CPU do you have? If its a (D0) Stepping the CPU/QPI Voltage may need to be manually set even with XMP enabled and I would not go over about 1.45 Volts. If you have a (C0) Stepping the CPU/QPI can be as high as 1.7.

I load setup defaults (CPU Multi = 20). I enable XMP and the CPU Multi is dropped to 18. Even at this underclocked setting, the system is unstable. If I manually change CPU Multi back to 20, the system is still unstable.

XMP automatically boosts CPU VTT +250mV and DRAM 1.65V

(System specs in drop down)

• Corsair Employees

NO, you need to set the memory controller Voltage normally its called CPU/QPI Voltage but if you are not sure you should ask the MB Manufacturer.

If you go to BIOS and load setup defaults and then enable XMP look at the voltages and see what gets changed to be sure only the memory Voltage and memory controller Voltage will be set by XMP.

The nomenclature for the voltage settings on my EVGA motherboard are as follows:

CPU Vcore

CPU VTT Voltage

DRAM Voltage

IOH/ICH IO Voltage

IOH Vcore

ICH Vcore

QPI PLL Vcore

IOH PLL Vcore

CPU PLL Vcore

I am pretty sure you are talking about the "DRAM Voltage", but setting the RAM to the XMP automatically increases the CPU VTT Voltage (default 1.2V) to 1.45V and the DRAM Voltage (default 1.5V) to 1.65V. Whether I set those voltages manually or let the motherboard do it through its "Auto" value, the voltages increase as advertised (verified with Fluke multimeter using voltage test points on my motherboard).

I am happy with this RAM at 1800 Mhz though. It is extremely stable and lines up nicely with my current CPU overclock with a BCLK of 180 and a RAM divider of 2:10. It isn't as high as a lot of people like to go, but it works nicely for me.

Archived