Corsair Community

CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B & Asus P8P67 Pro

adyroc

I'm just curious if this RAM is compatible with my motherboard. I checked in the compatiblility list and it shows the part number w/o the "b" at the end. I had spoken to a few people who have this RAM on the same board, but when I installed it on my computer I can only get it to run in single channel mode. When attempting dual channel the "mem ok" light on the board comes on and just stays there.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Maybe someone can help me figure out where I should be looking for the issue at. The motherboard says to run the ram in slots A2&B2 or A1&B1 for dual channel. The system will not boot when trying the ram in these slots. The only way the system boots is to put them in single channel (B1&B2). Also, I tried putting just one stick into either of the A side slots and it will not boot. I have tried resetting to defaults and loading the xmp profile. It won't boot if i put both sticks in either the black or the blue slots. The only way it will boot is if I put sticks into B1&B2, one black and one blue. I have the most recent BIOS from asus, 1502. I tried flashing to the newest beta bios they have released and it didn't fix the issue either.

Is this most likely a problem with the motherboard or is the ram a possibility? I'm starting to think the first two slots on the board might just be bad.

Unfortunately not, I ended up calling the mb manufacturer and spoke with them. It seems the issue is on their end so I submitted an rma. I'm glad, I really didn't have to get different ram. I love the vengeance too much :)

Archived