Corsair Community

New SP2500 Cable Missing

G50EED

I just received my SP2500 system and there is no 3.5mm to stereo RCA cable included! Only a stereo RCA cable and a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable. So I can't use the Line In jacks. How do I get this cable that was supposed to be included?

I do apologize. I was wrong. Everything is okay; however, I do think the manual needs to be corrected. Here is exactly what it says: "Use the included two-meter stereo audio cable to connect the Line In input on the subwoofer (the RCA connectors) to your PC’s 3.5mm stereo line level output. On most desktop PCs with color-coded audio outputs, this connector will be colored lime green." This implies a 3.5mm to stereo RCA cable but as it turns out from all of the reviews I have been able to view that such a cable is actually not included nor necessary. It might be good to make note of this for the next reprint of the (otherwise impeccable) manual. There is also another error in the manual in that it implies that connecting the headphones to the controller necessitates a change to AUX 2 but in fact connecting the headphones seems to automatically mute the speakers without further adjustment. By the way, the performance of these speakers is nothing short of amazing. It took me awhile to realize that but it is a fact (in my opinion anyway). Nice job!

Archived