Corsair Community

H70 fans going in to resonance?

taith

At full speed fans teamed up at probably identical speed causing resonance, as when I stop/slow down one of fans noise doesn't got lower, it just disappear

any tips how to stop that irritating buzzing sound?

I had an Alienware with a cooler that appeared to be same size & shape of the H50... it was whisper silent until system really got loaded. I thought the H70 would be close in noise, but man was I wrong...

Right now I have it installed with both factory fans, but have two Noctua PF-12's on the way. They're a lot more tolerable if the fan knob on my 600T is dialed down to about 2/3rd speed. There isn't any difference in down between minimum & 2/3rds... is the remaining sound the pump?

EDIT: just wanted to clarify I'm happy with it... I have my i7-960 over 4.2GHz! I could only do 3.8 on a true air heatsink.

good practice is to work a little bit on fan configuration, when having bad luck you have resonance but when done well sounvawe from both fans would eliminate each other

slowed them down a bit and worked, but for final solution I'll use rubber distances

• Corsair Employees
You can use rubber grommets on the mount screws between the fan and case that will help keep them quiet or search for 120-140MM Rubber Fan gasket on line they are not to expensive and will help dramatically with Vibration noise.

• 4 weeks later...

it's been a while, and coming back with bad news and solution

bad news, fans mounted in final case were still going in to resonance, slowing down caused smaller resonance, but it was always noticeable, figured out that when I put my hand on intake or at exhaust of fans noise get cancelled, tomorrow gonna install air filter so will have double advantage

Archived