Corsair Community

three sticks of CMGTX3 on X58?

sgtharry

Was just wondering if anyone has had good luck running this set in tri-channel on an X58? I am now using the Dominator 2000 mhz. set with no problems. I know that I won't be able to get 2400 speed out of them with my current 143 X 31 setup (980X),I use a 2:14 memory divider now to hit 2000 on my memory. I was thinking on trying a 2:16 which would give me 2288 memory if the Dominator® GT — 2GB DDR3 Memory (CMGTX3)

SKU# CMGTX3 would work. I already use +300 on my vtt, which comes out to almost 1.60 with no problems at all. Thanks for any input on this. I am always looking for a "little more" speed, like most, and don't mind spending the money on three of these if anyone has run it like that before.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145333

Was just wondering if anyone has had good luck running this set in tri-channel on an X58? I am now using the Dominator 2000 mhz. set with no problems. I know that I won't be able to get 2400 speed out of them with my current 143 X 31 setup (980X),I use a 2:14 memory divider now to hit 2000 on my memory. I was thinking on trying a 2:16 which would give me 2288 memory if the Dominator® GT — 2GB DDR3 Memory (CMGTX3)

SKU# CMGTX3 would work. I already use +300 on my vtt, which comes out to almost 1.60 with no problems at all. Thanks for any input on this. I am always looking for a "little more" speed, like most, and don't mind spending the money on three of these if anyone has run it like that before.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145333

Kinda off topic but you do know that Intel max for VTT is 1.35 don't you? 1.6 is taking a huge chance of burning out the mem controller. Even Jacob Freeman (product guru) on EVGA forums doesn't run that high and he's on water.

Have been running +300 vtt for over a year, no problems at all.I also am on water, and I believe Jacob is running 1600 memory.For 2000 you need more vtt to be stable.In fact, when I first got the sticks, I loaded XMP and thats what it gave it was +300. I don't use XMP though. I was just looking to see what they wanted. From the looks of the reply's I have gotten on this post, I guess I shouldn't dive into that memory.

Have been running +300 vtt for over a year, no problems at all.I also am on water, and I believe Jacob is running 1600 memory.For 2000 you need more vtt to be stable.In fact, when I first got the sticks, I loaded XMP and thats what it gave it was +300. I don't use XMP though. I was just looking to see what they wanted. From the looks of the reply's I have gotten on this post, I guess I shouldn't dive into that memory.

OK, my bad. Looks like you have everything under control.

Well, looks like a no-go. They WILL run @2400 with XMP enabled which puts in a 170X20 for the CPU, but that's it. Any attempts of overclocking the CPu just won't do it.Sending them back for a refund at Newegg. At least I tried. My 980X just won't cut it with it's weak imc. Tried messing with it for hours on end. They would probably kick butt on a P67 setup I bet.

Archived