Corsair Community

CMT6GX3M3A1866C9 random ram sizes being seen at boot

Tighe

First of all, I want to point out this kit does pass several tests of memtest at 1866 with 1.66v and 1.5 qpi voltage. I am using the xmp profile with the exception of the qpi voltage which was around 1.22v. The system wouldn't even post at that setting. I don't think there's an issue with the ram itself. Each time the system is booted, bios/windows sees either 2g, 4g, or 6g of ram, though cpuz always sees the full 6g. It can change with each boot without changing any settings. Also, windows won't boot or does and then gives bsod once an application is used at the rated 1866. I'm sure that's a matter of A: my memory controller won't o/c that high or B: I need to go beyond 1.5 qpi voltage. I won't lie, that scares me just a wee bit without confirmation from one of you boys. I can have stability issues even at 1600 with nothing o/c except the ram which seems to be another indicator that I need to up the qpi voltage. So what are your thoughts?

QPI seems way too high. It should be around 1.35 -1.40. Have you tried that ? I also noticed that you have a Co chip. Those are not known for being the greatest oc'ers. Even at 1600 is pushing that chip pretty hard. You may also try updating the bois. Acording to your specs there have ben quite a few BIOS's released since the one you are using.

I don't mind if my system won't run at 1866, that's life. I know I had to run my qpi at 1.45v on my old 3gb kit to be stable at 1600. But I'd really like to solve the problem where the system only sees the random 2,4, or 6gb total ram no matter what speed I set the ram at.

There is a sticky at the top that addresses that issue at the top of the forums. If you have gone through all of the steps defined there, then i would RMA the board and see if that doesn't solve it.

Did you by any chance try a BIOS update yet. ? ASUS also addressed that issue a few BIOS'es ago and may also help you out.

Archived