Corsair Community

Force 3 120GB with ASUS Sabertooth P67 - A word of warning

Tellus

UPDATE JUNE 7, 2011

To all of you who have this motherboard and is thinking of getting the Force 3 120GB SSD i strongly advice you to use the 1606 BIOS, any BIOS before this will cause massive issues such as garbled bios post, lost partitions, loss of monitor image etc. etc. The first boot you do will probaly go fine and everything will look peachy but as soon as you reboot/shutdown the fun will start.

In short, the motherboard goes bonkers when using the force 3 ssd in any of the sata controllers, unless you update the bios to 1606

I hope this will be of some help for those with the ASUS Sabertooth P67 and a Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD

This comes from me personally, a normal customer who has just gotten a Force 3 120GB delivered and ran into ALOT of issues with it while trying to use it on the motherboard in question. It took me a good ammount of time to find the cause of the problem but once i got ahold of the 1606 bios from asus (released 3 days ago) it seems like all of the issues have been resolved.

I only post this in hopes that anyone else who buys this combo will have an easier time then i had.

Sabertooth P67 1606 BIOS

1. Enhance support for Game Port on old audio cards.

2. Enhance SATA compatibility

3. Enhance mouse/keyboard support under UEFI

4. Enhance USB2.0 / 3.0 legacy support

5. Enhance PCIE compatibility

6. Enable support of CAS = 4 DDRIII-1333 modules

Keypart in it is the enhanced SATA compatability, problem was this bios wasnt released when i took delivery of the SSD and has just been released on official download section.

As i say, i only post this in hopes that it will save alot of frustration & anger from any potential Force 3/Sabertooth P67 owner.

I made my pre order on newegg and i decide to cancel it and maybe i will go to ********. Just becaus of all of this mess around and problems and incompatibility with motherboards ( like mine asus sabertooth p67) im looking for an SSD that since your plug in there are no problems, like my opld ******** ( loved that ssd never guive me a single problem).

I would like to know if some one else has this mobo ( sabertooth P67) and the corsair ssd 12gb force series 3 if they have any problem with it...

Please share your experience

Keypart in it is the enhanced SATA compatability, problem was this bios wasnt released when i took delivery of the SSD and has just been released on official download section.

As i say, i only post this in hopes that it will save alot of frustration & anger from any potential Force 3/Sabertooth P67 owner.

for me on asus p8p67 b3 bios "version 1608" update fixed NOTHING.. still SSD missing after 5 seconds

Just to update, the 1502 and prior bioses prevented any post at all with the force 3 hooked up, 1606 atleast posts as it should but the other issues still remain, hangs, bsod's & it still dissapear from the bios after a bsod.

Follow the main thread about the general issues of the force 3

So I bought a new system and it arrived this Friday.

Using Sabertooth P67 with Corsair Force 3 120GB.

As Tellus pointed out; the new BIOS is recommended.

At first when I tried installing Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit on my SSD, it came as far as the product-key screen, then I got bsod and it restarted showing only my optical drive. This was the old BIOS (1505 I think).

When I did a BIOS update to 1606 it worked as a charm.

I managed to start Windows and install Antivirus and updating the drivers for built-in LAN, Sound and USB on the motherboard.

After my AV was up to date (Comodo Internet Security 2011) the computer needed a restart, then I got bsod when trying to load windows. It restarted again, but this time around my SSD wasnt unmounted by the BIOS (?), it was still there (compared to the stock BIOS where it got unmounted).

Conclusion:

As Tellus said: Update to new BIOS (thnx Tellus).

This wont fix the problem though, but it get you a bit farther. Hope this is some help to you guys at Corsair.

/Denfro

Archived