Corsair Community

HX1000 - ARES 2 with 3*8 pin

andyvee

Can anyone advise how i would cable a gfx card with 3*8 pin connectors with the HX1000 , currently running 2 cards in sli so using 2 8 pin connectors from each "side" of the PSU , i understand from what i've seen that running connector from both sides to 1 card is a bad idea or is the HX1000 not going to be up to the job ? .

Hello, Im not sure what your asking? Are you saying you want to run 3 cards or are you asking the best way to connect 2 cards? I have the same power supply but im only running 1 gtx 580 and im using the fixed pci express 8 pin connecters. I have read that you must run 2 fixed or 2 modular connections for each card but do not mix. Hope this helps.

Hello, Wow i never heard of a card with 3 8pins. Thanks for clarifying. Theres a stickey second to the last titled HX1000 cable distribution. That should help you.Im not 100% but a would use 2 12v pci express fixed cable then i would use one orange 12v pci express moduler cable. Hope that helps. good luck.

I've just had another look at this , there are 4 8 pin connectors on the psu , 2 each for 12v1 & 2 , the rules suggest that you can't have a connector from each of these plugged into the same card so if the card needs 3 8 pin pci-e connectors do i need to get a new PSU or is there another way around this :confused: .

Archived